There were rumors last week that Frank Trigg was let go as a commentator by HDNet because, among other allegations, he was found guilty of domestic violence in an October incident involving his then wife, who is in divorce proceedings with.
Trigg appeared on The MMA Hour on Monday, and while a gag order surrounding the pending divorce precluded replying to some questions, he none the less forcefully contested the account, and acknowledged that the furor surrounding it was indeed the cause for his severance.
"I’ve never been arrested," Trigg said. "I’ve never been picked up, I’ve never been convicted of anything ever in my life other than a speeding ticket. That’s the only thing I’ve ever been convicted of. That’s it. So I don’t know where this other stuff is coming from. I have no idea what’s going on, but I’ve never been charged with any crime ever in my life, ever, other than speeding and maybe a couple illegal parkings. "
"There is a court order. We're not allowed to talk about each other publicly and she obviously breached it."
"(HDNet and co) were very nervous because of the affiliation that someone with a vendetta could make public statements about me that were untrue and inflammatory. There’s nothing I could do about it, because once it’s on the internet, it’s on the internet. They couldn’t take the chance with a loose cannon being out there, and that’s exactly what happened. That’s 100 percent what happened.
"You can’t fault HDNet for trying to save their company and trying to expand their network and what they’re trying to do with their network by letting me go. They were scared of what was going to happen, and it happened."
Trigg is currently without a job or immediate prospects.
"I can say I want to do it all day long, but if you don’t hire me for three years, then I’m going to go be a waiter. If I sit around and wait a month, and I kind of put things together and then get a couple jobs, then I’m back in the game. So I have no idea. I can’t answer that, it’s out of my control."
Read entire article...
Melissa Ingram, a representative of Media Partners, Trigg's PR company, just released a statement provided by Frank Trigg's camp that is if anything even more adamant in its denial than was the interview.
"First and foremost, we would like to make it very clear that the reports are completely false. Although Frank would like to personally address every detail of what has been said, a court order prevents both Frank (and his ex-wife) from talking about their pending divorce in this light. Despite what appears to be an obvious breach by his ex-wife, Frank will continue to abide by the order instituted.
"More importantly, Frank has three young children whose interests are paramount to any form of this he-said she-said trial by public opinion. He asks that the public please respect his privacy and that of his children as they transition into their lives post-divorce.
"Frank would also like to thank his fans, friends and family for their support during this extremely difficult time. Thank you!"