Frye: Henderson doesn't have 'a f@(k!n chance' against Jon Jones

by Jason Naware | source: middleeasy.com

For added effect read the interview in Don Frye's voice.

Jason Nawara: Did you see the fights last night?

Don Frye: Yeah, yeah I did. Joe Silva does a hell of a job matchmaking, that's where it all is right there. He deserves all the credit in the world.

JN: Do you think Dan Henderson can beat Jon Jones?

DF: He doesn't have a f------ chance.

JN: Does anyone?

DFDon Frye if he got off his lazy ass. I said this about a year ago about the same question. He's gonna run the gamut in the light heavyweight division until he goes to the heavyweight division. He's six four and twenty three years old so he can only stay at 205 for so long, so then age and gravity will kick in and he just won't be able to stay there. So until he moves up to heavy and has a hell of a fight against Junior Dos Santos no one will touch him. Dos Santos is going to run the heavyweight division until Jones gets there. No one can challenge Dos Santos just like no one can challenge Bones at light heavyweight.

JN: Do you keep up with MMA, it seems like your finger is on the pulse.

DF: Of course, if you're a great athlete, yeah. Even the girls, what's her name?

JN: Ronda Rousey.

DF: Yeah! Ronda Rousey, dang phenomenal and my old sensei helped train her when she was a little girl, but you won't hear that. That's the thing about this game how quickly we forget. Who's that a------, what's his name? Dominick Cruz. The guy is full of bulls--- and is a lying turd. He says he learned how to fight in his garage? Bulls---. My guy Rocko taught him and then he went off by himself, that guy is a lying scumbag. Rocko trained for a couple years with this a------, and he says something like that? I have no use for him. But I'm a fan of Urijah Faber, so I hope Urijah kills him the next time they fight.

Dominick is an a------ but he's a good fighter. And in order to be a top fighter you've gotta be an a------. At least be an honest a------, give credit where credit is due.

JN: During our conversation I was able to text someone from the site that is with Ronda Rousey right this second, and she says she loves you and your mustache.

DF: Ha! Tell her thank you, I would make a smart ass comment but I'm afraid she'd break my arm. I'd enjoy it if she did it though...

JN: What are your thoughts on Chael?

DF: Chael? He's an extremely competent fighter, I like Chael. He's extremely competent because he's been beaten by the same hold four times haha. You know? Chael Sonnen is fun to listen to, but he doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him. Chael is a good guy he just isn't smart enough to do it himself. That's why he's a felon, he wasn't smart enough to not get caught. Hoho!

JN: A lot of people are saying Fedor is tarnishing his legacy by continuing to fight, what are your thoughts?

DF: My wife accused me of the same thing. Fighters fight. That's what they do. If I wasn't fighting, or hanging out here at the house doing nothing worrying about my legacy, I don't care. Fighters fight. If you don't understand that then I don't know what to say.

Read entire Interview...

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

Gnarls Gnarlington site profile image

4/25/12 1:20 AM by Gnarls Gnarlington

Great interview. Love Don.

Natsirt site profile image

4/25/12 12:05 AM by Natsirt

That's a pretty solid idea, Mr Bacon.

Kevin bacon site profile image

4/24/12 5:36 PM by Kevin bacon

They should have Don and Joe Rogan comment on some prelim fights. Imagine how good they would be together. Their back-and-forth would be awesome

John Nic site profile image

4/24/12 1:28 PM by John Nic

I'm no fighter, and Rashad did things to Jones that nobody has before (staggered him and got back up to the feet very quickly) but Rashad near the end seemed to lose his drive to finish jones, and was just focusing on surviving and maybe landing a hard shot in the process, but he was a bit broken after rounds 2 and 3 - not to mention exhausted. I think that he decided if he was going to lose, it would be by decision, and his ego couldn't deal with being ko'd or submitted by jones after the history they have together. So after Jones broke him a bit and he realized he was losing, he focused on survivng and focused on his next fight - working his way back up the ladder with a new game plan for Jones the next time they meet - if there is a next time. Dan, on the other hand, is at the end of his career and REALLY wants that belt. He is a warrior and is not afraid to leave it all in the ring even when he is losing - not to mention he has very few fights left in his career.  Also, there is no shame in losing the fight after all he has accomplished and considering his age vs a guy who is very young and many consider the best. I think this type of circumstance and heart mixed with his skill set can give him the edge in this fight as long as he avoids jones' elbows on the ground/ while in jones' guard. But as always, easier said than done, especially if it goes 4 or 5 rounds.

goku site profile image

4/24/12 8:46 AM by goku

Interesting. Crosby's posts on here were chaelesque.

OntarioNorthFishing site profile image

4/24/12 8:42 AM by OntarioNorthFishing

I think Don Frye's moustache and Dan Severns moustache should fight.

sapphire street site profile image

4/23/12 11:56 PM by sapphire street

"Chael Sonnen is fun to listen to, but he doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him. Chael is a good guy he just isn't smart enough to do it himself. That's why he's a felon, he wasn't smart enough to not get caught." Frye is referring to UFC judge Douglas Crosby, who allegedly wrote all of Lindland's material back in the day when Matt was lighting up Baroni on this forum.

Jayjayememay site profile image

4/23/12 10:49 PM by Jayjayememay

this was great. only on middleeasy.

ASBELTOMATO site profile image

4/23/12 9:47 PM by ASBELTOMATO

part of me died when cole picked up donny frye.:(

DonStirFrye site profile image

4/23/12 8:35 PM by DonStirFrye

I think the two most universally loved fighters ever are Don Frye and Kazushi Sakuraba. They are my two favorites ever so I'm a little biased but it seems that more than anyone else in the sport, almost everyone has immense respect and love for these legends of MMA.