Don Frye: I don't respect what Dana White does for the UFC

source: mmamania.com

"Like I said the other day, my generation, I got caught up in this internet stuff and squabbles and all that. My generation don't really do that. I'm not doing it anymore, so, as far as I'm concerned, Dana who? You know? I'm done with it. If he wants to sit down over a beer and talk face to face, because I'm not playing this bullshit game anymore. I met him when he first bought, or when the Fertitta brothers first purchased UFC. I had an interview with him and it didn't go anywhere and next thing I know he is bad mouthing me on the internet, so, like a dumbass, I started bad mouthing him. So I'm done with it now, Dana Who? Look, it's the Fertitta's check book, Joe Silva doing the bookings, ok? That is all there is to it. Those three guys are very respectable. You don't hear any of them cussing or calling anybody, you know, foul language. Those three guys are good guys and they run the organization."

When asked if he respected what Dana has done for the UFC and the sport of MMA in general, Don didn't mince any words

"Why, why? If he doesn't respect what I've done for the sport, why in the hell should I respect, you know, that he is using someone else's money and somebody else's booking intelligence? No I don't (respect what he has done for MMA). Look at the way he talks about me and all that. If he does respect me, then I'll never say anything bad about him again, I'm trying not to now."

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

tags: Don Frye (detail)  Dana White   UFC

Musashi site profile image

5/20/12 3:58 PM by Musashi

Glad we agree. A guy like Don makes the choice easy because he is one the rare individuals who threw fights both in and out of the UFC.

Neil McCauley site profile image

5/20/12 3:56 PM by Neil McCauley

ok musashi, so what it basically comes down to is "there is room for argument" for the UFC HOF, if every one of your UFC fights was legit, regardless of whether or not you worked a fight or ever single fight outside of it. That doesnt make any sense to me. While its true that its a UFC hof, i would personally take into account some ones mma career as a whole. If you worked an mma fight outside of UFC, then i think you should be just as disqualified as if you worked one inside it. That is my opinion.

Musashi site profile image

5/20/12 12:02 AM by Musashi

You know I have been thinking about this some more and you guys are right. Dana doesn't do anything. He's a poser and a fraud.. taking the credit for other people's hard work and money. I'm just glad you guys have been patient with my stubborn insistance that the top execs at the UFC have worked their asses off. I'm stubborn like that. It must have been my upbringing.Anyways... enjoy the rest of the show tonight!

LEET060 site profile image

5/19/12 11:26 PM by LEET060

Don Frye was voted for the Top 10 most popular legends thing at UFC 45.

Hunterbass site profile image

5/19/12 10:53 PM by Hunterbass

He really has a point. It's the fertittas money on the line. Silva books the fights/deals with the fighters and managers, so what does Dana really do?I don't mean that as an insult or to bash Dana. I think most of the time he is entertaining. But honestly, besides being the "face" of the UFC, what does he really do. Shouldn't the athletes be the face of the sport? Doesnt he just relay what the people running things behind the scenes do to the public? I've asked this before and never got an answer. Instead people seem to take it personally and get mad at me.To the people who say he's good for the sport, Id just like to say that all my family members who don't watch the sport don't like it strictly because they think everybody involved in mma is like Dana white. "disrespectful, egomaniacs, with a sailor mouth." my cousins and aunts words, not mine. I do think they have a point though. If the face of your sport talks shit about his own fighters and talks shit about journalists for losing their job because you don't like an article they wrote about your organization, I would think the whole sport is in bad taste.

Musashi site profile image

5/19/12 10:39 PM by Musashi

You do that junior. lol

Neil McCauley site profile image

5/19/12 10:10 PM by Neil McCauley

A big essay when you could be watching the strikeforce undercard. If theres anything I feel you're worthy of me commenting on, I will read and do it later. main card is starting now, have a nice night.

Musashi site profile image

5/19/12 9:33 PM by Musashi

Go back to english class you pubescent dork.

Neil McCauley site profile image

5/19/12 9:04 PM by Neil McCauley

I know you're not too bright, but by saying this ... "there is atleast some room for argument regarding guys like Coleman and Severn because at least they appear to have fought legit matches in the UFC" , you are saying that don frye has not appeared to fight any legit matches in the UFC. Unless ofcourse you changed your stance on don and there is infact some room for argument with him as well? I think that fake wrassling shit is gay as fuck. I just dont see how a couple fake fights should erase everything else hes done in his career. Go back to sucking cock.

Musashi site profile image

5/19/12 7:20 PM by Musashi

Were you dropped as a child?Where in my posts does it say 'every'?Apparently you think fighters should be eligible for the hall of fame so long as they don't work every fight of their career? Paying some opponents to lose is okay? Working a match or two is all part of the game? Is that it? Go back to watching WWE.

MMA clothing and gear