Dan Hardy: I want to win for Lorenzo Fertitta

source: mmafighting.com

People have been released from their UFC contract after a single loss. Two is common, and after three losses, virtually everyone is gone. But in a testament to the fan-friendly style of Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy, after four losses, ZUFFA CEO Lorenzo Fertitta has kept him on the roster, tweeting "    "Will not cut @danhardymma I like guys that WAR!!!" after his Aug. UFC on Versus 5 loss to Chris Lytle.

Saturday night he fights Duane "Bang" Ludwig, who faces a a similar win or go circumstance.

In an interview on The MMA Hour, Hardy said he wanted to fight for Fertitta.

"Now, I am not only fighting for myself and for my family, but I'm also fighting to kind of validate (Fertitta's) decision. I know he took a lot of heat for that and there is a small pocket of fans out there that demand people are cut after three losses and I was honored for him to speak out for me and say that.

"One thing I will always do for the UFC and for the fans is how up and fight. I think that is one thing Lorenzo respects about me that I'll always give it everything I got.

"And Lorenzo is a great guy. He is a very down to earth guy and he genuinely loves the sport and he's a huge fan himself.

"So for him to want to keep me around for at least one more fight is an honor and it means that I'm not only fighting for myself now, but I'm also fighting for his decision and for my new team, as well."

Read entire article...

mmahour on livestream.com. Broadcast Live Free

Punishment Athletics Not For Everybody Shirt

Punishment Athletics Not For Everybody Shirt

Venum Dan \

Venum Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy Fight Shorts

Neil McCauley site profile image

5/23/12 7:53 PM by Neil McCauley

hardy seems like a real cool down to earth cat and now that the the uk troll team is not hyping him beyond belief, im starting to become a bit of a fan. Great interview with ariel. bang seems like a bad matchup though. Hardy better be shooting takedowns.

rampageforpresident site profile image

5/23/12 7:44 PM by rampageforpresident

hardy brings it. hope he can get the w

jjj2121 site profile image

5/23/12 7:24 PM by jjj2121

Someday somebody is going to explain to me where the myth of Dan Hardy being a super exciting banger got started.  For the life of me I can't figure it out.

FedorEmilioEstevez site profile image

5/23/12 7:22 PM by FedorEmilioEstevez

Thing is he's not that fun to watch - a mediocre striker who doesn't finish fights are a dime a dozen I'm afraid. It's his personality, his passport, his friendship to the fertitta's and his Mohawk that are keeping him employed at this stage.

duckhuntgangsta site profile image

5/23/12 6:22 PM by duckhuntgangsta

and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that. There are so many UFC cards the more name I recognize the better. Even if he loses you remember the person who beat him. Peronsaly I wouldn't be upset if Dan lost and was still kept on if it was a close & exciting fight. It's not like he's being gifted title shots. Why would anyone care if he's fun to watch?

duckhuntgangsta site profile image

5/23/12 6:20 PM by duckhuntgangsta

agreed. I don't think they ever need to state that. With the number of fights the UFC has a year now I think the three strikes and your out rule" should be forgotten about. The the questions should be: Did you show up to fight? Was it exciting? Did your fight look competitive? Do people still want to see you fight?  Pat Barry, Tito, Hardy and a few others are great examples of fighters who problaby aren't going to compete for the title any time soon but people still want to see fight. Once people stop caring about you that it when I think it's time to go to art school.

Kings for the Cup site profile image

5/23/12 6:10 PM by Kings for the Cup

If Hardy wasn't such a nice guy I'd be pissed he's still under contract. UFC did the same thing with Joe Daddy cause these guys always bring it.

easy_v site profile image

5/23/12 6:09 PM by easy_v

You dont think the fight with Lytle was a war? That was a great fucking fight! Mental. And by "ineffective", I take it you mean "had him rocked".

Nick Fury site profile image

5/23/12 5:18 PM by Nick Fury

The fix is in!

3rdLion site profile image

5/23/12 5:16 PM by 3rdLion

He moved to Vegas permanently for his last couple of fights and was training on and off with Roy Nelson and now I think he's training with Frank Mir and Forrest, wherever they train.