Brett Rogers signs with Bellator

by Mike Chiappetta | source: mmamania.com

Former Strikeforce heavyweight Brett Rogers will make his Bellator debut on June 22, though an opponent for him has yet to be finalized.

The 31-year-old Rogers has lost four of his last six after starting his career a perfect 10-0. He also was arrested twice within the last year, once for an assault stemming from a domestic incident with his wife, and the other for failure to comply with the conditions of his pre-sentencing release.

"Over the past year I have been challenged in my personal life, but all is now good in the Rogers family," he said. "Everyone makes mistakes in life but it’s how you recover that really counts. I spend every day with my wife and kids and enjoy every minute of it. Fighting is my job and I love it, but I also love my family and that’s why I made things right before returning to the cage. All I can say is get ready for a new and improved Brett Rogers."

"... After talking to Brett at length, I think this could be the type of fresh start he needs to put his fighting career and other parts of his life back to where he hoped they would be," said Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney.

Read entire article...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

tags: Strikeforce   Bellator   Brett Rogers

LoganClark site profile image

6/6/12 12:19 AM by LoganClark

He posted a pic of the contract on FB. I couldn't read it, but others seemed to be able to see the print.

LoganClark site profile image

6/6/12 12:17 AM by LoganClark

I think he is fighting another Minnesotan, Kevin Asplund. That is a great matchup. They are both bangers, but Asplund doesn't have Rogers' size. It will be interesting to see.

keylockarmbar site profile image

6/6/12 12:10 AM by keylockarmbar

CLINTK9 man brother i lost my 3 year old sister and had to dig her grave when i was 13 years old. im so sorry that happened to your family as i have a 3 year old niece now that i just worship. im so so sorry brother. love and respect sir-Wade Bolton

keylockarmbar site profile image

6/5/12 10:32 PM by keylockarmbar

rogers/prindle would be amazing. rogers is a good addition to bellator. shakes things up a little. i cant wait for someone to take these top top wrestler guys in bellator. konrad to a lesser extent but mainly dick head askren. man i cant stand the way he fights. i understand being good at wrestling and using it to win but jesus christ. evolve brother.

Authority Figure site profile image

6/5/12 9:23 PM by Authority Figure

Fixed it for you.

kingwank site profile image

6/5/12 7:58 PM by kingwank

Best fighter In the bellator women's division.

thehenriques site profile image

6/5/12 7:55 PM by thehenriques

Willing to watch

FixedPartialArts site profile image

6/5/12 7:30 PM by FixedPartialArts

Prindle isn't the 2nd best HW on the Bellator roster. He won the tourney because of a ball shot and subsequent weigh-in for the rematch. He was something like an 8:1 underdog to Santos the 2nd time around. And Prindle was clearly lower on the totem pole than Ivanov as well before Blagoi got injured.I'd say Prindle was worse than Santos, Ivanov, and Holata from the last tourney; and he's not likely as good as the newer additions of Madsen, Kudin, and Magomedov. Anyways, Prindle is rated higher on Fight Matrix than Rogers.I guess I can start to see why Bellator signed Rogers given the perception of their existing roster relative to him. If they beat him they should be able to bolster their reps.

Manny Yarbrough GOAT site profile image

6/5/12 7:25 PM by Manny Yarbrough GOAT

Fedor took his soul with that KO

BaraoKix site profile image

6/5/12 7:19 PM by BaraoKix

Brett Rogers vs Brian Heden!