Parisyan: I will make a comeback

source: sherdog.com

On his abuse of painkillers: “When I felt, ‘Hey, I’m feeling the need for this,’ it was already too late. That’s when I stopped taking it and I starting having panic attacks and anxiety and all this stuff. It was the beginning of the end. … Because of that stupid poison, I got suspended and the suspension was -- I only begged God and I begged that commission, those people that sat up on that podium, those evil leeches that sucked my money for what reason? To feed your grandkids? Whatever. I don’t even want to get into that because if I do, I swear to God I will cuss every living thing on this freaking planet. I’m going to be honest with you. That’s why I said, ‘Don’t suspend me for nine months, please. I’ll give you a $50,000 fine, but let me fight.’ … That’s when I started abusing the pain medications. That’s when I came back nine months later, and everything was already too late. I had already done enough damage to my brain and my body.”

On his belief he’ll make a comeback: “That’s what I’m trying to do right now. I’m trying to make it a lifestyle again like I used to. Start training again, start getting in the gym, putting in time and getting out there and fighting. … I’m picking up my pieces now and trying to make my comeback. I know I will. I know I will and I know I can.”

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Training Shorts

Jaco Training Shorts

tags: Karo Parisyan (detail)

chaplinshouse site profile image

6/12/12 7:35 PM by chaplinshouse

Karo Parisyawn?  I don't know who that is bro

Baby Monkey Guard site profile image

6/12/12 3:59 PM by Baby Monkey Guard

Yaawn

SlapUsilly site profile image

6/12/12 3:58 PM by SlapUsilly

He's not coming back.His mindset is not that of someone who is posed to make a serious effort to make a comeback and deal with the frustration that goes with it.

cheesesteak site profile image

6/12/12 3:45 PM by cheesesteak

I've had so many great memories watching Karo fight when he was at his peak in the UFC. Very exciting time for the UFC and a very exciting fighter. I really hope he gets it all together. I know many who have suffered the perils of oxycodone abuse and it is a very deep and dark hole to crawl out of. The good news is that he is still young enough to succeed as a great fighter and if he truly wants to remain sober, he can definitely go places. As a matter of fact if he manages to defeat an opiate addiction of great magnitude. That is a mental challenge that any situation in the cage could never compare to. Good luck Karo. I wish you the best. I have many Armenian friends from the other little Armenia in Watertown Ma, pulling for you.

CLINT NJHC site profile image

6/12/12 3:25 PM by CLINT NJHC

But Gokor doesn't offer elite level substance abuse treatment and life coaching, which is what Karo needs most. And even if he did, that's still no guarantee it would have any positive effect.newjack beat me to it, this is just Karo with the same ole song- typical drug addict behavior. Hope this guy can get his act together and live a fulfilling life, but as far as being an elite level athlete? Those days are clearly over.

whoabro site profile image

6/12/12 2:38 PM by whoabro

Sad but 1000% true

Acidic site profile image

6/12/12 1:21 PM by Acidic

Dont forget guys Gokors doesnt just offer Elite level Judo but also elite level JJ. Not to far away from there is also GFC and great coaches like Shawn Yacobian who trained Manny for his fight against Brown

Acidic site profile image

6/12/12 1:19 PM by Acidic

I believe him this time around for one main reason. That main reason is that hes back with Gokor. He's willing to put his stubborn attitude aside and go back to training where he was devloped and at his best.

JeffersonDArcyChoke site profile image

6/12/12 1:08 PM by JeffersonDArcyChoke

I bought the PPV where he beat Thomas Denny. Fun night. I'm sure that company is out of business by now, though n

newjack900 site profile image

6/12/12 12:48 PM by newjack900

Don't ever listen to a drug addict's BS - they will burn you time and time again. That being said, I'm not even worried about the Heat's fighting career at this point. I just hope he gets his life straightened out and gets clean.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!