Struve vs. Miocic to headling UFC in Nottingham, England

source: twitter.com

Half-time update !!! Stefan Struve vs. Stipe Miocic main event for @UFC: Nottingham on 29 September. OFFICIAL !!!

@DavidKing10 @ufc @danhardymma Yes Dan Hardy will be on the Nottingham card. It has not been confirmed but course he will. Its a no brainer

@TomKongWatson @UFC Thoughts are that Tom Kong Watson should be signed by the UFC for this card. Would be just. Come on @danawhite.

read official Twitter...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Jaco Training Shorts

Jaco Training Shorts

Kobayashi site profile image

6/18/12 12:50 PM by Kobayashi

Any card updates?Mills would be great on the card - but why against another Brit? Don't we want to see international fights when the UFC comes? Wallhead would be a great addition to the UFC anyone know his status?

caposa site profile image

6/16/12 10:28 AM by caposa

As much as people like me are shitting on the main event status, we all know Struve/Miocic will be exciting. Thats almost a guaranteed finish and always a good way to cap off an event. It doesn't strike me as "main event material" but with all these PPV, FOX, FX, Fuel cards, the definition of "main event material" really is changing. It's a solid scrap between two top 20 HW's, both finishers and I'm sure you would get your money's worth if you went. I'd like to see something like Dan Hardy vs. Che Mills set up for this card. Signing Tom Watson should be a must too.

FearTheClown site profile image

6/16/12 9:42 AM by FearTheClown

I think you should learn about past UK events where they used to give us decent cards with guys like Rampage, Henderson, Cro Cop and even attempted to give us the huge Liddell/Shogun fight.

Dosantowned site profile image

6/16/12 1:44 AM by Dosantowned

Bisping is on the Prelims.

BobD site profile image

6/15/12 11:51 PM by BobD

I don't get the hang up with Miocic - Struve being the 'main event' .. it's a label and a position on the card.. that's it.. As a fan, if I don't like the 'main event' all it means is I get out of the arena before the crowd.  Really, does it matter anyone other than the fighters, their immediate family and friends where on the card the fight is? As for the fight, it's appropriate for both men.  Exactly where they should be in the pecking order.  Miocic takes this. I don't know how, or when, Struve is a new kind of puzzle for him.  But I've been watching Miocic solve these puzzles since his amateur debut, and he'll get this one too before Struve can find his way past Miocic's defenses.

Sliss_77 site profile image

6/15/12 11:46 PM by Sliss_77

Great fight but I don't want to see either of them lose.

BearJew site profile image

6/15/12 11:40 PM by BearJew

I'll probably buy a ticket, once we are through all the injuries we may end up with a good card. I think I'm with the majority here, good fight but not main event material for me. I'm sure they will throw hardy and sass on the card so as a whole I'm still pretty keen, Hathaway too maybe? Lot of potential with this one

Burl site profile image

6/15/12 11:37 PM by Burl

I'm going to guess Struve takes a beating and triangles him.

Kobayashi site profile image

6/15/12 10:23 PM by Kobayashi

This card can be everything the UK wants - if only Watson and Wallhead get signed and put on it.

UGCTT_FryedTakayama site profile image

6/15/12 8:22 PM by UGCTT_FryedTakayama

I'd be shocked if this fight goes past 2 rounds. This is a great main event for a free card on Fuel.