Big Nog out vs. Cheick Kongo at UFC 149, Shawn Jordan in

source: sherdog.com

The bad luck for UFC 149 continues, as Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has become the latest fighter to withdraw from the July 21 card.

Nogueira has not healed completely from the surgery he underwent to repair a broken humerus suffered in his UFC 141 defeat to Frank Mir. Due to lingering effects from that injury, “Minotauro” will be unable to face Frenchman heavyweight Cheick Kongo at the event, which takes place at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta.

Taking the Brazilian’s place against Kongo will be former Louisiana State football standout Shawn Jordan.

“Minotauro” joins a lengthy list of notable fighters -- Jose Aldo, Mauricio Rua, Thiago Silva, Thiago Alves, Michael Bisping, Yoshihiro Akiyama and Bibiano Fernandes -- who have withdrawn or exited the card for various reasons.

Read entire article...

Shock Doctor Mouthguard Case

Shock Doctor Mouthguard Case

Affliction Speed Star Reversible Shirt

Affliction Speed Star Reversible Shirt

Mica Kizbig site profile image

6/21/12 8:58 PM by Mica Kizbig

Scalpers will be begging people to take tix outside the Saddledome.

choochgas site profile image

6/18/12 12:30 PM by choochgas

"*Fight Card may change at any time."There is no way I would ever buy advanced sale tickets to a UFC event, weeks ahead. You are just asking to get ripped off. I know the UFC brags that all of their events sell out immediately, but how hard is it to get tickets, on site, the day of the event? I would assume scalpers are going to have to give away tickets to 147 and 149.

Mica Kizbig site profile image

6/17/12 11:26 PM by Mica Kizbig

I have been a very loyal UFC supporter since the beginning. I have bought PPV after PPV and have not missed one since somewhere in the UFC50's. I have been let down by cards with big names and I have been very impressed with cards I thought would be stinkers.That being said, I will not be paying for UFC 147 and the fact that the UFC thinks anyone would, is proof that they really think we are a bunch of dullards. I for one will not be supporting cards that are this watered down and UFC 149 is very close behind it. Free card? Absofuckinglutely, I would watch it and love it, both of them. $65 of of my hard earned dollars for each of them? Not a fucking chance.Do you wanna be a fucking PPV?

Nick Fury site profile image

6/17/12 10:45 PM by Nick Fury

should just cancel the card.

orcus site profile image

6/17/12 6:23 PM by orcus

He probably means in the sense that fighters would have more power to turn down opponents and since their jobs would be very protected, would pull out of cards for the slightest reason.

swany site profile image

6/17/12 4:25 PM by swany

Along the same lines as 149 , does anyone else get the feeling that something is gonna happen with the silva sonnen fight ... Something just doesn't seem right ... Wer 3 weeks out for one of , if not the most anticipated rematch in UFC history .... And it seems too quiet ... Especially when chael sonnen is involved , with the rumors of Silvas knee , I just get a feeling this fight ain't gonna happen .... If that's the case there's gonna be chaos amongst the mma/ UFC world ... I hope in wrong but it's just a feeling I get

RyannVonDoom site profile image

6/17/12 3:59 PM by RyannVonDoom

Expand on this.

Doctor NPD site profile image

6/17/12 3:34 PM by Doctor NPD

Lmao

TheRaider site profile image

6/17/12 3:30 PM by TheRaider

Shady Ed strikes again!

RandyDarsh site profile image

6/17/12 3:27 PM by RandyDarsh

Hahaha it doesn't matter how cheese"d off you are shogun ain't no bitch

MMA clothing and gear