Ebersole wants to beat up a Diaz brother next

by Jeremy Botter | source: bleacherreport.com

So it should come as no surprise that Ebersole is already preparing for his next fight after this Friday's bout with T.J. Waldburger by calling out the ultra-popular Diaz brothers:

I wouldn’t mind beating up a Diaz, maybe Nate. Jim Miller’s a talented dude. I want to start up there. I don’t care if they’re coming off a win or coming off a loss, I just want to prove that I belong in that top ten, top 15.

When asked by Ariel Helwani, host of The MMA Hour, why he wanted to fight a Diaz brother, Ebersole responded:

They’ve kind of got punk attitudes.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

RYU Signature Tee LE

RYU Signature Tee LE

TapouT Infant Girls Logo Socks 2-Pack

TapouT Infant Girls Logo Socks 2-Pack

swany site profile image

6/20/12 9:08 PM by swany

bria v nate would be good fight, but after what happened to nick , common snese would be that nate takes the tite shot...however they are diazes soo.....

circa305 site profile image

6/20/12 6:47 PM by circa305

Brian has not tapped in over 7 years! He is very difficult to finish. This fight would most likely go the distance because Diaz brothes are hard to finish as well.

RandyDarsh site profile image

6/20/12 6:41 PM by RandyDarsh

I think they also submit wrestlers sometimes, in nates case his most recent fights (besides rory) have been him winning where ever the fights go

Kostakio site profile image

6/20/12 3:24 PM by Kostakio

lol

DeadlySideCheckKick site profile image

6/20/12 3:17 PM by DeadlySideCheckKick

Ebersole by cartwheel kick

Subzero90 site profile image

6/20/12 3:15 PM by Subzero90

Ebersole is actually a bad matchup for thee Diaz brothers. Good wrestling, great submission defence, an iron chin. His ground and pound is definitely a threat. In case anyone hasn't noticed the Diaz brothers struggle with wrestlers. Just my two cents.

yellow wrkahlc site profile image

6/20/12 3:14 PM by yellow wrkahlc

Ebersole, how do you think a fight with Nick or Nate would go?

eiuwrestler174 site profile image

6/20/12 3:04 PM by eiuwrestler174

Let me start of by saying, I did not go into my interview with Mr. Helwani with an agenda nor any intention of calling out a fighter.I did wanna mention Bob Sapp, and I did want to mention my probable move to LW.The quote regarding "fighting a Diaz" was due to the question of, "What would you like to do at LW, what would be your wish/goal in dropping weight, who would you think you'd be matched with."I said anyone in the top 15. And Nate is certainly there. So is Jim Miller. So is Anthony Pettis. And the list goes on. Ariel, in true form (knowing it would be interesting), asked "Why Diaz". Well, I won't lie and he knows it. A fight with Nate is interesting on two levels. 1. He's highly ranked. 2. I don't have to worry about "respecting him too much" or liking him. And to be honest, it would make for a great production. A reformed "Bad Boy" vs. a bad boy who'll never reform. Someone who realized that a bad attitude is not the greatest attribute vs. someone who feels his bad attitude is his greatest attribute.But all that said, quotes and answers come from questions. I did not control the line of questioning. Ariel did a great job of pointing the conversation in a direction that would make for great headlines. Sure enough, we're on the cover of mma.tv today.....Not my intent. Focused on Waldburger. Wanting 4-0, so I can make a MANLY transition to LW and not going off of a lose and looking like I'm running from these massive WW's.That is all. Enjoy!

Cyril Jeff site profile image

6/20/12 2:59 PM by Cyril Jeff

big fan of TWAS', bad move imo...

SleepBomb site profile image

6/20/12 2:41 PM by SleepBomb

lol, brian would get handled