Belfort wants Weidman or Boetsch/Lombard winner

source: tatame.com

TATAME spoke with the “Phenom”, and he said he wants a Top 10 win to get closer to a title shot.

“Or (Chris) Weidman, or the winner of the Cuban (Hector Lombard) vs. (Tim) Boetsch),” Vitor told TATAME, on his potential opponents.

“I’m waiting for my confirmation on the Rio card, see who’s gonna be my opponent. Nobody send me anything yet. I believe I’ll get an answer on that next week”.

Jaco Vitor Belfort Blackzilians Lion Crew Shirt

Jaco Vitor Belfort Blackzilians Lion Crew Shirt

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

REDRUM_NYC site profile image

7/18/12 2:45 AM by REDRUM_NYC

I can't think of a worse matchup for Vitor than the young stud Weidman...

KZTT_FawkingxD site profile image

7/18/12 2:31 AM by KZTT_FawkingxD

Belcher vs weidman winnerVsWinnrr of Vitor vs Lombard/boetsch winnerRashad (if he drops)/Franklin vs bisping/stann winnerChael vs Munoz to stay relevant(both coming off getting finished).

savage animal site profile image

7/18/12 1:23 AM by savage animal

Blatantly ducking Belcher IMO

RealTerry site profile image

7/17/12 11:52 PM by RealTerry

Im a Belcher fan, but who has he outstruck that makes you think he could stand with Vitor and not get hurt?

Mark Hunter site profile image

7/17/12 11:31 PM by Mark Hunter

I'm sure if DFW tells Vitor he's fighting Vanderlei, Vitor will do so without much discussion. Nothing wrong with Vitor requesting a fight that will earn him a title shot. Anything else would be dumbass on his part.

Ep32nv site profile image

7/17/12 11:14 PM by Ep32nv

Vitor vs Belcher makes sense and would be a fun fight.Give Weidmen the shot just since he was on the FOX card and the recent PPV and everyone else would be tied up. Anderson should be ready soon, let him fight again this year while the MW division worked its self out.

DoomFarmer site profile image

7/17/12 11:04 PM by DoomFarmer

He is doing Wand a favor at this point.

JunkieDog site profile image

7/17/12 11:02 PM by JunkieDog

Good thing he isn't calling out Belcher. I can see him beating any of the others though. None are sure bets of course, other than a fight with Bisping, whom he'd slay with ease, IMO.While Belcher is getting a lot more talk after his last fight, I still don't think he gets the respect he deserves. He's a legit threat to any middleweight out there and my pick to be the next to hold the belt, even if it's only because AS retires. I'm glad he isn't fighting Wandy, though. At this point a fight with Silva does absolutely nothing towards getting him closer to one last title shot.

ShockTroop0369 site profile image

7/17/12 9:52 PM by ShockTroop0369

Lombard is a scary dude... Fights like a young Vitor. If today's Vitor can fight like young Vitor, it would be an epic battle. IMO, Lombard is gonna beat up the UFCs MW Div...

Wicked Enzo site profile image