Sonnen to Rampage: I accept

source: mmamania.com

Chael Sonnen speaking to MMA Uncensored about a potential fight with Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson:

"If stupidity was a disease that was treatable by medicine, 'Rampage' would be the ifrst one in line at the pharmacy, every morning. If 'Rampage' wants to fight with me, let's fight! But, the reality is, he's on a two-fight losing streak, he can't make weight, nobody cares about him, he doesn't keep his word, and he's out of the company in a matter of months. If he wants to fight, I accept."

Sonnen on potential matchups at lightheavyweight and what's next:

"Probably none of the above. I've had a couple of names thrown my way. It was none of those three, but those guys are all studs that would put you in a line for a championship match. I've never had a fight in the UFC that wasn't against a top ten guy."

"I really don't know. That's the biggest choice I'm trying to make now: Which has a likely path to the championship? Ultimately, I'll have to sit down with my coaches. Mike Dolce will weigh in on that. It's his job to get me to weight. I'll kinda do as I'm told, more than what I think is right."

Sonnen on who deserves next bout with Anderson Silva:

"Deserve is the key word there. Nobody deserves a shot. There's a lot that goes into that: The bureacracy and politics and, basically, who can sell the most tickets often elevates you to the top in this sport. That's where Michael Bisping comes in. Who's the best fighter? Chris Weidman. The question is: The fighter that beat up Mark Munoz, can he duplicate that, or did he just have a really good night?"

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

TapouT Chael Sonnen UFC 167 Respect Is Earned Shirt

TapouT Chael Sonnen UFC 167 Respect Is Earned Shirt

Jons Forsberg site profile image

7/21/12 10:11 PM by Jons Forsberg

borefest match up that would only appeal to WWE tards.

SickEyeDiaz site profile image

7/21/12 8:38 PM by SickEyeDiaz

Chael takes this. Has Rampage even trained for any of his fights in the last two years? Chael could put in a half hour of training a day and fight circles around Rampage.

inf0 site profile image

7/21/12 8:34 PM by inf0

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH AHA HAHAHA AHHAHAHAHA no

AceAtGSU site profile image

7/21/12 8:31 PM by AceAtGSU

He is right in everything he says about Rampage, and it is a smart fight to pick if you wanna make waves at light heavyweight. It would be easy to sell with trash talk and Rampage is never motivated to fight anymore, he wangs a few punches then gets handled as of late.

Andy the man site profile image

7/21/12 7:49 AM by Andy the man

Chael was prepping for someone else at the time..Rampage would get owned in this fight.

mikethecricket site profile image

7/20/12 8:09 PM by mikethecricket

Love. This. Fight.also I hoped Sonnen would go down and challenge N. Diaz

1911Bob site profile image

7/20/12 7:53 PM by 1911Bob

Exactly, except I'm not a Page fan.

hellride site profile image

7/20/12 7:15 PM by hellride

When Dana pulls the arm on this slot machine it comes up all 7's. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Size site profile image

7/20/12 7:14 PM by Size

If you knew how to read you would know I didn't even touch that subject. Who the hell knows how Rampage's wrestling is these days, his knees aren't very good anymore. Sonnen's performance against Babalu always concerns me regarding his LHW prospects and how his effective his wrestling would be in particular. Babalu was a really tough out at that time, though, and had great familiarity with Sonnen to go with his well-rounded grappling game...two-time national Brazilian wrestling champ.UGCTT_David_MMAmet, if you can't tell the difference between someone who creates space and attemps to land big shots, and someone who doesn't, that's your problem.