Alessio 'super upset' after release from UFC

by Steven Marrocco | source: mmajunkie.com

John Alessio (34-16 MMA, 0-5 UFC) has been cut by the UFC before, but it's his most recent release that particularly stings.

Alessio awoke this morning to find he'd been let go after an 0-2 run in his third stint with the promotion.

"I'm super upset," the 33-year-old vet today told MMAjunkie.com. "I worked so long and so hard to get back, and the UFC always puts all this pressure on you about being exciting, so I tried to change my style up to be crowd-pleasing.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

tags: John Alessio (detail)

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman site profile image

10/8/12 1:16 PM by Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman

I love that when you lost at the previous post, there's no sign of npd. Sweet like peaches.

bignightmare site profile image

10/8/12 1:08 PM by bignightmare

John is a true Fighter. He has been around a long time and trraveled the earth with his skills. That is very cool.

Kostakio site profile image

10/8/12 1:05 PM by Kostakio

Dana, don't make me make a call to The Garv!

caseharts site profile image

10/8/12 1:05 PM by caseharts

Keep fighting man you got so much talent

Kostakio site profile image

10/8/12 1:04 PM by Kostakio

So are you back yet?

natural site profile image

10/8/12 12:57 PM by natural

thank you to all my supporters!! it means a lot

Damasta Shonuff site profile image

8/3/12 10:11 AM by Damasta Shonuff

Why does anyone bother debating with NPD? If you disagree, he calls you names and claims all of his opinion are correct and fact while yours arent. If you try to use the same tactics he cries to the mods about how people make personal attacks against him all of the time.

NarlyPersianDude site profile image

8/2/12 11:21 PM by NarlyPersianDude

and, the main thing, we both agree that Alessio should not be cut. And that is what really matters, so props to you for saying that.YaKnow

NarlyPersianDude site profile image

8/2/12 11:18 PM by NarlyPersianDude

bullshit, you are flatout wrong. I can make many arguements for them losing, and it is a known fact that mma scoring and judging is awful. Did you watch the fights? They only advantage they had, was in position control, but even that was not a dominating advantage, but a slight, and they did nothing with this, they never subbed Alessio, and never had significant offense, whereas Alessio outstruck both of them, avoided any damage and got better as the fight went on, Alessio ran away with the 3rd round in both fights, and the first 2 rounds where all tossup in both fights. round 1, just about a even roundround 2, just about a even roundround 3, all Alessioboth fightsif they scored it right, 10-1010-1010-9 AlessioI could see Alessio got a draw also, but I dont see how anyone with a straight face can say Bocek and Roller where the true winners. Not to me, I score fights with the reality of what is happening. Only fair thing, Brought

caseharts site profile image

8/2/12 11:03 PM by caseharts

Npd again you downplay what bocek and roller did. They clearly won, no argument can be made for them losing. But allesio should not be cut.