Fighter taps out, goes out, convulses, wins by TKO

source: warriornationaxfa

At Jesse Camp's Warrior Nation Xtreme Fighters Alliance "Warrior Nation III" at the Hu Ke Lau Showroom in Chicopee, Mass., Justin Kristie and David Baxter made their amateur debuts.

At about 4:10, Kristie locks in a triangle, and Baxter appears to tap, or at least throw some open hands strikes in a closed fist contest.

Then Baxter goes to sleep.

Then the bell sounds.

Then Baxter starts to convulse.

Then Kristie and camp celebrate.

Then Baxter comes to, and far more than a minute passes.

Finally, Baxter is allowed to continue to the next round, and wins via TKO.

Now, you have seen it all.

Should there be a rubber match?

Thanks for the heads up to CagePotato.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

Super Body Care Shower Gel 8oz

Super Body Care Shower Gel 8oz

ChokeEmOut site profile image

8/4/12 11:42 AM by ChokeEmOut

Ref should be shot.Moron that "won" well, he's just a moron. Got put to sleep then acts all hard after some gay stoppage.and people wonder why MMA is a joke?

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio site profile image

8/4/12 11:36 AM by UGCTT_ScarecrowRio

Fight of the NightKO of the NightAND Sub of the Night? Thats incredible

grimer site profile image

8/4/12 10:59 AM by grimer

DOES NOT COMPUTE

46and2degrees site profile image

8/4/12 9:14 AM by 46and2degrees

Extra energy from the nap imo.

Flexo site profile image

8/4/12 9:07 AM by Flexo

You really don't think going to sleep, convulsing, and fighting to possibly have it happen again or get KO'd is dangerous to the mans health? What about that guy who got triangled and died a bit later?

Rickmassmma site profile image

8/4/12 8:50 AM by Rickmassmma

To clarify my post, I think the ref stopped the fight when the round ended. I didn't think he was late stopping it. I don't think he should magically know the guy was out. I'm expecting him to realize he stopped it at the bell, thus making it nearly impossibletoff the guy to go out after the bell. I think the fight was over and the only way the ref can justify not stopping it would be to say the guy went out after the bell. The only way that could happen would be if he was late getting in there to stop it, thus bringing me to my original point...the ref would have to make a mistake for a fight to continue after a guy gets choked out. />If you think that is holding a ref to a higher than normal standard, I don't know what to tell you. Letting a guy fight on after getting choked out was a mistake, no matter which way you want to spin it. I'm not saying this because of the potential health risk, because an experienced doctor didn't seem to think it was much of a risk. I'm saying it because guys train hard enough to deserve officials that don't ruin their fight. In the grand scheme of things, it cost an amateur fighter a win, so not going to kill his career, but a mistake was made here, and rumor has it that the local athletic commission and the ref involved think the right call was made.

NONURINAUMANA site profile image

8/3/12 11:14 PM by NONURINAUMANA

Awesome but dumb at the same time.

Monojoe site profile image

8/3/12 10:31 PM by Monojoe

Beat me to it. NICE ^^

TheClips site profile image

8/3/12 10:26 PM by TheClips

My God, finally Kirik comes on board and saves this thread!Whether or not it was the right call by the ref doesn't seem to be the issue anymore, rather it seems that Baxter's coach is getting wrongfully criticized here.Don't you think he was probably THE most concerned guy for Baxter? And don't you think he knows Baxter enough to be able to tell if he was all there or not? Fact is, the coach acted more than proper given the circumstances he was given, and he even left it up to Baxter, himself, to determine if he wanted to fight anymore or not.So lay off the guy.The fact that Baxter "convulsed" is irrelevant. Shit happens all the time when people go out. You guys are acting like he was freakin' Apollo Creed sprawled out on the canvas, dying after Drago smashed his face in.Furthermore, you guys keep saying, "Oh, but if he would've died..." and all this what-if shit, while entirely forgetting that the dude not only looked and acted fine immediately after going unconscious (which is to be expected), but he went on to put a whooping on his opponent....all under his own consent.So again, was it the right call by the ref? Probably not, it seems, but the jury is still out.....but is the coach in the wrong? Absolutely not.Oh yeah, and I'm glad Kirik said it too, because I for one thought those dudes looked like seasoned pro's....I was pretty impressed--and intimidated--to see first time ammy's looking so crisp!Carry on.

GayGuardMooseSaucy site profile image

8/3/12 10:23 PM by GayGuardMooseSaucy

Sub

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!