Sanchez: My teammates' fights sucked

by Dave Doyle | source: mmafighting.com

"I thought both of those fights sucked," Sanchez said of Diaz-Condit and Guida's loss to Gray Maynard. "My coaches might get mad at me for that, but that's my opinion and I'm allowed to have my opinion.

"I thought Nick Diaz won the fight with Carlos. When you're not engaging and you're not fighting, that takes away what this sport is. That's my opinion, that's why I want to fight someone like the Diaz boys who will come and step in front of you and fight you. I guess that's all opinion, but the fans, they have my back on this, and that's what fighting's all about. It's for the fans, and Dana White knows this. That's why he gets so pissed off when there's crappy fights like that. Us as fighters, we must step it up if we want to get taken care of and get paid right and grow this fight into the biggest spot in the world, above all other sports, we have to get in the cage and we have to leave it all in the cage every time."

Sanchez, who is on the sidelines after getting surgery to repair a torn left labrum, was careful to say that he places the blame for poor fights on the fighters themselves, and not coaches Greg Jackson and Mike Winklejohn.

"It's on that fighter," Sanchez said. "In the end, they lock the door and the coaches aren't in there with you. In the end, if you're in the UFC, you are a professional, you paid your dues, and you know exactly what this job entails. You should go in there as a professional and do what you do. ... I'd rather go out swinging, fighting like a warrior, those last 30 seconds. I'm going to leave it all out in the cage and know that I'm trying to finish my opponent, even knowing that most of my time it ain't going to be a finish."

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Roots of Fight Gracie vs Kimura Shirt

Roots of Fight Gracie vs Kimura Shirt

tags: Diego Sanchez (detail)

RandyDarsh site profile image

8/14/12 6:33 PM by RandyDarsh

Even though deigo won a few decision I know he shouldn't have, him admitting this is good for the sport.He's one of the first fighters to admit the fight style is not entertaining

UGCTT_Suess site profile image

8/8/12 1:24 PM by UGCTT_Suess

so you're goin to avoid addressing anything in my last post...  nothing new, happens every time.  peace out.

CKH09 site profile image

8/8/12 1:20 PM by CKH09

So you act like a kid about? Its ok Carlos, we still like you. As far as the drug test, Nick should just become a Rastafarian and then they couldn't say shit. By the way, I don't care about Stockton, CA. I'm done arguing with you. You are just too dense to hold a real conversation.

CKH09 site profile image

8/8/12 1:20 PM by CKH09

UGCTT_Suess site profile image

8/8/12 1:09 PM by UGCTT_Suess

maybe i'm sick of hearing "mma fans" shit on condit for one fight?  maybe you guys should cut him some slack, considering his body of work.  considering who he was fighting (the next big thing, the unstoppable force, the guy to dethrone gsp).  considering that he actually TRIED TO FINISH THE FIGHT.  considering he only reset to the center of the octagon.  considering he threw a bunch of high risk strikes.   where is all the hate for diaz?  the guy who couldn't adjust his game plan.  the guy who just continued to plod forward flat-footed.  the guy who taunted and slapped instead of cutting angles and going for a finish.  the guy who admitted openly that he purposefully avoided a finish when he could have simply because he thought he was ahead on points.  the guy who failed his drug test and would have lost his interim title just after the fight had the judges given him the nod. mma fans are pathetic, sorry i let it get to me.  sorry i called you a fickle bitch, i shoud have just said fickle mma fan.  my bad.   war condit, fuck the 209.

mclay site profile image

8/8/12 1:07 PM by mclay

In

CKH09 site profile image

8/8/12 1:02 PM by CKH09

This may switch to the Chael-Silva knee before long tho.

CKH09 site profile image

8/8/12 1:01 PM by CKH09

No shit! That was my point with you cussing at me at calling me a bitch. It has nothing to do with the conversation. If you had read anything I wrote, you would have picked up on this an hour ago. I like Condit and this is my only problem with him. The fact that he continously turned his back and ran. Maybe I was dissapointed because of the fights Condit usually puts on coupled with the way Diaz fights, I expected a Shogun-Hendo type fight. It didn't happen and I was dissapointed. No big deal. Not a reason for you to get mad at me, for sure.

mclay site profile image

8/8/12 12:56 PM by mclay

In

Masakyst site profile image

8/8/12 12:56 PM by Masakyst

It's the UG's own version of Godwin's Law"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches"Instead of Nazis and Hitler, it's Diaz and Condit

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!