Maynard: Diaz will win the title

by Damon Martin | source: mmaweekly.com

“It opens up things for me. It opens up things for (Anthony) Pettis because he beat Benson. If Nate beats him, that opens it up for me more because there’s a trilogy. He beat me once and I beat him, so we could do the third fight. There’s a lot of options,” Maynard stated

Maynard makes no bones about wanting the winner in the fight between Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz, but he believes that a trilogy could be in his future after UFC on Fox 5 finishes on Dec. 8

“Nate’s on a roll; I think he’ll pull it out,” Maynard said about the fight between Henderson and Diaz. “If he does, I know he was begging for me for a long time, but for me I was looking at the title and that’s a fight that would be a great fight for the title. I’d like to do the TV show against him if that’s the case.”

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Metal Mulisha Hidden Shirt

Metal Mulisha Hidden Shirt

Seraldo Babalu site profile image

8/16/12 10:48 PM by Seraldo Babalu

HAHA!

Jaybrone site profile image

8/16/12 6:31 PM by Jaybrone

So Frankie is known to make fights exciting? Those fights were exciting because Maynard put Frankie on queer street and looked to finish it. And Edgar managed to survive. If Gray hadn't put it on frank early the. We would have seen the same dancing Frankie.

GayGuardMooseSaucy site profile image

8/16/12 5:20 PM by GayGuardMooseSaucy

I get what you're saying but Maynard is no scrapper. He's boring for the most part, don't let those Edgar fights fool you....those were exciting mainly due to Frankie. His fight with Florian, Guida, etc.

Saltyballs site profile image

8/16/12 5:19 PM by Saltyballs

Totally agree, Maynard won that fight.I mainly meant controversial as in lackluster. Not Maynard's fault for sure, but certainly not enough to turn around and ask for Diaz and another title shot so soon.

AmmoMan site profile image

8/16/12 4:52 PM by AmmoMan

Agree with everything you said but the controversial split decision bit......Guida did nothing during that fight. Terrible fight all around, but even if Maynard had just stood in the center of the Octagon sayign come at me bro for the whole fight, he would have deserved the nod.

murfamurph site profile image

8/16/12 4:50 PM by murfamurph

3 to 1 my ass

RandyDarsh site profile image

8/16/12 4:48 PM by RandyDarsh

Well if you look at the last time Nate fought gray, it wasn't a snuggle fest.But OK BRO

Tranny Yarbrough G(ayest)OAT site profile image

8/16/12 4:41 PM by Tranny Yarbrough G(ayest)OAT

lol, Maynard is a scrapper now? not too long ago people were calling him Lay Praynard, just because his last couple of opponents haven't been the kind of guys you can snuggle fuck, doesn't mean Maynard is a scrapper. Put Maynard in against some good strikers and you can bet your ass he's gonna revert back to Lay Praynard.

spliff site profile image

8/16/12 4:34 PM by spliff

Diaz will beat him a 3rd time.. Last fight was bs

RandyDarsh site profile image

8/16/12 4:25 PM by RandyDarsh

I'd actually love to see that, two actual scrapers trying to fight.