Jones doesn't want Machida rematch

by Franklin McNeil | source: espn.com

"I don't want to fight Lyoto Machida," Jones said. "He was my lowest pay-per-view draw of last year.

"No one wants to see me fight Lyoto Machida. I don't want to fight Lyoto again. Lyoto is high risk and low reward.

"He's a tough fighter, but no one wants to buy that fight.

"Between (Mauricio) Shogun (Rua), (Quinton) Rampage (Jackson) and Rashad (Evans), Lyoto was my lowest draw. Why would I want to fight someone where it's a lose-lose situation? "I won't make money on it. And he's a tricky fighter."

Venum Competitor Brazil Inspired Dry Fit Shirt

Venum Competitor Brazil Inspired Dry Fit Shirt

Roots of Fight Machida Karate Shirt

Roots of Fight Machida Karate Shirt

sackattack3323 site profile image

8/23/12 7:56 PM by sackattack3323

Haha I sorta feel the same but UFC is to blame more I believe for having such a weak ass card. And what about the other guys who turned down the fight? Also wasn't machida asked to fight jones on this card and turned it down? I'll have to ask jones but I believe his thought is that Chael doesn't deserve to fight for the title, what has he done? You can't really blame him with this thinking can you? I do blame jones a little though. And of course Chael looks good why wouldn't he? He once again talked himself into an undeserving title match, he has nothing to lose at all. This whole thing is a big fuck up.

LilBrockonmychest site profile image

8/23/12 6:17 PM by LilBrockonmychest

So you're calling Dana a liar? http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/23/3263266/dana-white-jon-jones-ufc-151-cancelled The story that Dana told was that, after Dan Henderson's knee injury forced him out of the bout, Lyoto Machida turned down a chance to challenge for the title

ufc98newb site profile image

8/23/12 6:04 PM by ufc98newb

jones did not agree to fight machida in 9 days. where do you people come up with this shit? that fight wasn't even offered to him for sept. 1. and he did not turn down chael because he chael didn't deserve it, and he wanted to stick by his word. He turned it down because he didn't feel adequately prepared to beat him on 8 days notice. jackson already said they would've taken that fight on sept 22...

wufwugy site profile image

8/23/12 5:48 PM by wufwugy

Actually yes, Machida showed marked improvement just in the Bader fight. His movement demonstrated a much stronger feel for countering similar to the way Silva does it, and his aggressiveness was more specific and less open for counters. Machida's karate has many benefits for MMA, but he has also had to unlearn some of it. The reason Shogun and Jones caught him was a specific move that works well in karate but not MMA, and it appears that Machida has made the necessary change now

ximboredofyoux site profile image

8/23/12 5:45 PM by ximboredofyoux

Jones caught him and capitalized. I say machida takes it 9/10

LilBrockonmychest site profile image

8/23/12 5:35 PM by LilBrockonmychest

This should show you that Jones is in no way afraid and is willing to fight the best competition out there.  Lyoto fanboys keep saying he's the one to beat Jones yet Jones has already taken the fight once, agreed to take it again in 9 days, and agreed again to take it in 4 weeks.  Jones said he would not let Chael talk his way into a title shot and he stuck by his word. Also, tell me about all of this Lyoto improvement in very key ways.  Where did he pick up all this new knowledge in the past 8 months and how do you make that statement over a 2 minute Ryan Bader fight?

UGCTT_buchu8oolong site profile image

8/23/12 4:56 PM by UGCTT_buchu8oolong

I take back all the defending I did of Jones in this thread. I am dumb. You guys are smart.I smell rather funky. You guys are lemony fresh.

wufwugy site profile image

8/23/12 4:53 PM by wufwugy

Greg Jackson is an idiot. Jones fares better against 1 week training for Chael than he does 5 weeks training for Machida. Machida has improved in very key ways since they first fought, and Jones won't be catching him with a leg kick fake this time, Machida will do just fine making Jones play into his game like he did with Bader

D241 site profile image

8/23/12 4:49 PM by D241

I'd reply with ttt, but I think well well well is a little more appropriate

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!