Tate: I don't deserve a rematch with Rousey yet

source: mmamania.com

"I'm not going to ask for that at that point because I don't feel that I deserve it. I think that I need to take a couple fights and I need a better performance than that. I think the fans deserve something better, and I know that I can deliver better than that. ... At this point, I don't feel that my performance, I mean everyone is saying it was ‘Fight of the Night' and everything and that's great and I'm really happy it was an entertaining bout. But I personally am not happy with my performance.

I definitely don't think it was a contention worthy performance."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

easedel site profile image

8/20/12 1:35 PM by easedel

Cyborg could learn something from Tate

StratTone site profile image

8/20/12 1:33 PM by StratTone

Not to discredit your idea of what a great fight is but to me a good fight can't happen with one person. That and I also believe heart and adversity are a good product of what makes a good fight.

Elrond Hubbard site profile image

8/20/12 10:46 AM by Elrond Hubbard

she realized that an arm is a terrible thing to waste.

UGCTT_LnPninja site profile image

8/20/12 10:44 AM by UGCTT_LnPninja

Yes, very realistic of the Taters.  She should be proud for saying this publicly. She has the heart of a champion that is for sure. Rousey seemed so much stronger than her. She needs to add more mass and cut more. She certainly has the skills to hang.

disbeliever site profile image

8/20/12 10:39 AM by disbeliever

Very rare to see this mentality in MMA imo, and it's awesome.Nothing wrong with admitting you need more work, and want to maximize your chance next time.

disbeliever site profile image

8/20/12 10:39 AM by disbeliever

And lol @ this

JustAnotherMMAFan site profile image

8/20/12 10:16 AM by JustAnotherMMAFan

How is Ronda getting better at each new fight, as this one was like all previous ones she had? She just did a judo trip and, then, went for an armbar. Same bread and butter.So, I didn't see any improvements. Just the same old: Olympic judo > WMMA's.Sarah should have landed some hard punches from the get-go. Things might have gone different. Ronda imposed her game, by jabbing her way into a clinch position.Next in line should be Alexis Davis, who is a black belt in Japanese Jiu Jitsu, and actually nearly arm-barred Kyra Gracie. That should be interesting, but I think Ronda will win.After Alexis Davis, possible contenders include Sara McMann (wrestling), Shayna Baszler (wrestling) and, if she keeps winning, Amanda Nunes (boxing and BJJ). Marloes Coenen is also a possible contender, provided she wants to make 135 lbs. again, but, at this weight, Ronda would be a lot stronger. Plus, we know judokas can drop her somewhat easily (Cindy Dandois is a black belt and was a national champion in Belgium).Honestly, unless Ronda takes the fight and goes up in weight to fight Cyborg, she will be undefeated for a good while in the 135 lbs. division.

subwrassler site profile image

8/20/12 4:33 AM by subwrassler

Kedzie brought Meisha back to reality

Orionsbelt2010 site profile image

8/20/12 4:11 AM by Orionsbelt2010

After seeing Honda smash Kaufman with ease she knows she stands next to no chance of beating her because Honda is getting better with each fight so it makes sense for Miesha to build her name back up again before Honda bitch slaps her again

Shogun of Harlem site profile image

8/20/12 1:46 AM by Shogun of Harlem

A few more wins from Tate and she will be on top for the number one contender with a good pay day. After Cyborg, she may be the only competition for Rousey and she is not even in the same class. Maybe Tate vs LaRosa may be a good fight.