Jones: It feels funny fighting a guy his age

by Mike Chiappetta | source: mmafighting.com

Yes, Jones can appreciate Hendo's resume and longevity. Yes, he has respect for his crushing power. But Jones also feels like the murderer's row of opponents he's faced in his last four fights -- former UFC champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Lyoto Machida, Jackson and Evans -- has prepared him for everything he will see from Henderson at UFC 151.

In fact, ask him if Henderson offers anything he's yet to experience, Jones doesn't require even a moment of thought.

"No," he said. "I feel as if he’s an older, slower version of Rashad Evans."

...He said, that's only one of many pieces of motivation pushing him forward. Among the others is one that is a bit surprising. Namely, Henderson's testosterone replacement therapy usage, which he says, actually benefits him.

How?

"It feels funny fighting a guy his age," he said. "To know that he has some advantages helps me train harder and not to think anything about having mercy on him."

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

Clinch Gear Pro Series Fire Shorts

Clinch Gear Pro Series Fire Shorts

Lazer MMA site profile image

8/21/12 11:15 PM by Lazer MMA

Um no he has gone to the clinch even VS Fedor and Nog! JBJ is the most hyped fighter in MMA history, there is NO DOUBT he's going for the clinch, and with his VASTLY superior resume in Greco and lower center of gravity I expect he'll be fine and even take JBJ down (avoided by Fedor by grabbing the fence only). Yes I could be wrong sure, the fact is no one knows for sure about the clinch here period. To dismiss Hendo there is just ignorant IMO. I have a thread "SI.com /Henderson discusses title shot at UFC 151" I just posted you may want to read sir. Good evening.

JkdSam site profile image

8/21/12 11:14 PM by JkdSam

henderson is a candidate for goat - but bones takes this...easily.

LilBrockonmychest site profile image

8/21/12 11:02 PM by LilBrockonmychest

You can wish all you want but we all know what's going to happen.  What, you think Hendo is going to start shooting power doubles to get him down?  If he gets inside and tries to clinch he's getting dumped on his head.  Hendo's only shot is the h-bomb and everyone knows it.  You're posting with your heart and not your head.

Lazer MMA site profile image

8/21/12 10:51 PM by Lazer MMA

Hendo is going to pay the price no matter how high and get there time and again. Evans and Page sat outside Hendo will not. How many TD attempts did Evans even have? Crap post

eljamaiquino site profile image

8/21/12 10:40 PM by eljamaiquino

Hendo is a slower older version of Evans. Evans has way better MMA wrestling,and is way faster. Hendo might be more powerful,but he doesn't have the type of movement that Evans has. That's gonna make it hard for him to get into striking range....

DoomFarmer site profile image

8/21/12 2:38 PM by DoomFarmer

I honestly don't make a concentrated effort to do that.I'd say it probably picks up close to when he fights.I realize the hate is extreme but he's smashed 2 of my favorite fighters and brought my favorite division to a grinding halt.

no filter site profile image

8/21/12 2:31 PM by no filter

not being a fan of someone is fine and normalbut constantly stalking threads and blindly hating is not normal it is weak shitwas just wondering if you understood that

DoomFarmer site profile image

8/21/12 2:29 PM by DoomFarmer

I'm sorry, did that hurt your feelings?I'm not a Jones fan. Sorry if that takes away from your enjoyment of his fights.The world is a big and scary place and opinions on a variety of different subjects differ from person to person.Mind blowing shit, I know.You and Jones will live.

no filter site profile image

8/21/12 2:22 PM by no filter

Title Search:JonesPosted To Thread:DoomFarmeryou seem to have a fetishyou stalk every jones thread just to let everyone know you are hateryou do understand that shit is weak right?

JamesTheWelshDR site profile image

8/21/12 2:20 PM by JamesTheWelshDR

Hendo is the same age as matyushenko

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!