Brenneman details his fallout from UFC 151 fiasco

source: Sherdog Radio

"Even my wife was like, ‘Why are you mad at him? Why aren't you mad at Dana White? If you're champ, you're the champ. That means, yeah, you probably make the most money, but it also means that you're the face of Nike, you drive a Bentley, you are the face of the UFC. Those are big things. I don't get that. None of my immediate friends get that. Frankie Edgar, who's been champ, forever one of the best fighters in the UFC, he didn't get that. It's those kind of extra bonuses that then kind of put you in a position where you might have to do things that you don't necessarily want to do.

We have to cover my wife's flight. All these airlines offer a ‘rebate,' but then there's a several-hundred-dollar activation fee for the rebate. We have to cover those costs. I know my brother and my parents, my aunt and uncle, they all lost out on money and that's money that I will give them. I'm sure they will tell me, ‘No, don't give it to me,' but that's several hundred, maybe a thousand bucks. My one corner, he purchased his flight. Got to change that to Canada, got to cover that difference. So yeah, there's a lot of stuff, not to mention I'm primed. I'm physically primed. I'm ready to fight Sept. 1 and I can't do that."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt site profile image

9/2/12 8:45 PM by MarcusRenatoBlackBelt

No. You are wrong. The venue operator is only following orders. The cancellation must have come from the UFC

TUF site profile image

9/2/12 2:38 PM by TUF

FOR EDUCATION!

TUF site profile image

8/31/12 3:40 AM by TUF

LilBrockonmychest, are you done educating us yet? lol

MachidasBrew 209TT site profile image

8/30/12 1:56 PM by MachidasBrew 209TT

Fuck Dana and the UFC's shitty fucking pay it's disgusting.

time traveling 12er site profile image

8/30/12 1:32 PM by time traveling 12er

Actually Anderson offered to step in after the event was already cancelled. The others offering to step in didn't matter because Jones refused to fight anyone. Apparently if Jones is out then in Nevada everyone can go to the fight and still get refunds. So how are the fighters going to get paid? Oh right the UFC should just be forking over money left and right in the minds of everyone right? Yeah that mentality has worked so great for every other org.You can blame Zuffa for putting together a weak card, sure. But how does that absolve in any way what Jones did? An injury happened and Zuffa did it's job and put together a replacement fight. They did their job. Jones refused because "he wanted his victory to be a perfect work of art" or whatever nonsense he said. Jones' job is to fight and he refused to the detriment of many other people. You look at the circumstances and how everyone reacted to the situations they were put in, I don't see how anyone could see Jones as being completely without blame if not deserving of a lions share of the blame.

bryanand site profile image

8/30/12 10:18 AM by bryanand

LOL@the Rampage example, he headlined a card with Matt fucking Hammil. He was buried for the Wand fight because he just almost killed a pregnant lady.

UGCTT_LnPninja site profile image

8/30/12 8:52 AM by UGCTT_LnPninja

They all should have been paid their show purse. It is pennies overall considering how much zuffa lost on the whole card.

digitdigit site profile image

8/30/12 8:12 AM by digitdigit

Opinions are like assholes my friend.

TUF site profile image

8/29/12 8:51 PM by TUF

Haha, that was sneaky of you.

TUF site profile image

8/29/12 8:50 PM by TUF

I forgot to add something from the article which you omitted."His opponent, Lesnar, was listed as earning $400,000 for the show, but the reality is he also had a pay-per-view bonus locked in, and since he was the more established draw, his bonus percentage would likely be significantly higher.""significantly higher": After he lost a fight and was no longer champion.http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-meltzer_ufc_fighter_pay011312

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!