Weidman vs. Boetsch targeted for UFC 155

by Mark La Monica | source: newsday.com

Chris Weidman finally has his next fight lined up, although not against the opponent he'd been asking to face.

Weidman, a middleweight from Baldwin, will fight Tim Boetsch at UFC 155 in Las Vegas on Dec. 29, Newsday has learned. Both fighters have verbally agreed to the bout.

"I think I'm the man to take the title from Anderson Silva," Weidman said in a statement. "I think I'm the No. 1 contender in the division, with Anderson not fighting for the rest of 2012, I want to stay busy, keep getting better and take on the best out there. I think I'm the best middleweight in the world and I'm going to prove it against another top contender."

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Hayabusa Fade Flip Flop

Hayabusa Fade Flip Flop

Zed Wayne Zed site profile image

9/10/12 4:56 PM by Zed Wayne Zed

I think Timmy's got a chance here, but Weidman is serious.

GelderdEnd site profile image

9/10/12 1:41 PM by GelderdEnd

Nobody is ducking Belcher....why are all his fanboys going overboard with this unwarranted hype?Bisping - no top wins, ripped to peices for itBelcher - even less impressive CV, hailed as the man to defeat all comersCrazy mad world we live in

Lazer MMA site profile image

9/10/12 1:30 PM by Lazer MMA

Um, your a raving jackass AN! I have no reason to be butt hurt at all! There is no bash here at all.AS passed on the Weidman fight per his manager on tape (last page this thread to hear) and also per UFC Tonight. In itself, because he says he wants a bigger fight I took no issue with it even (different if he can not find one though) as I also took no issue with AS not wanting to fight Sonnen either (he had legit reasons IMO)! To deny it happened or insist that Dana can make someone fight any one as AS trolls did for years is ignorant at this point (after the con call) but your to thick to get any of it. Have a good life.

AssassinsNATION site profile image

9/10/12 1:18 PM by AssassinsNATION

Lol your just butt hurt buddy but continue on at least many see and know you for what you are. Twisting things is easy to do but I find it funny how such a ghey dwebble rage you get into when others simply see thru your bullshit and don't agree with ya. Carry on with your constant fighter bashing to try and prove your points. You will have a few on your bandwagon that's given. How ironing you refer to me as a troll.

AssassinsNATION site profile image

9/10/12 1:10 PM by AssassinsNATION

Yeah big difference between what your trying to say and that is AS was told to fight Weidman which he wasn't he was asked a question with no real plans past that. Similiar to when Weidman was asked to fight Belcher and he gave the statement he did in regards to that, weidman still said no, by yours and Lazers logic your trying to discredit AS because why at this point still? Other than you can't accept the fact your trying to make a point that isn't agreed with plus trying to fighter bash and say AS ducked.

Lazer MMA site profile image

9/10/12 1:02 PM by Lazer MMA

Yes there is a difference as Dana finally admitted the truth on the Con call, He can't make anyone fight anyone else! All he can do is strip. The UFC called, the fight was turned down.AS trolls need to stop making up crap and deal, it's not the first time by far either.

Lazer MMA site profile image

9/10/12 12:42 PM by Lazer MMA

really the wrong thread Rival, a bunch of folks. http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2058526&page=1

Rival School site profile image

9/10/12 12:32 PM by Rival School

Anderson running from fights for years? Who didnt he fight again?

REDRUM_NYC site profile image

9/10/12 12:25 PM by REDRUM_NYC

there's no difference .. the UFC called Anderson, fight wasnt accepted... thats all....

AssassinsNATION site profile image

9/10/12 11:31 AM by AssassinsNATION

I give up even trying to talk any kind of sense. Keep fighter bashing and constantly pulling at anything you see fit to twist in Weidmans favor. Either way you look at it there's gonna be a counter troll and it's getting to be pointless. There's a difference between being asked would you fight Weidman and being told to fight Weidman. But I guess you and Lazer are gonna tag team and hold onto what ya can.