Florian undecided on potential MMA return

source: mmajunkie.com

Retired UFC fighter and current broadcaster Kenny Florian is in shape. After all, "round is a shape," he told recently quipped on MMAjunkie.com Radio (interview below).

"As far as the injury goes, I'm just doing my best to really get healthy," he said. "I'm still trying to get healthy and get back to a regular training schedule because of my actual schedule and because of the injury.

"I've definitely felt improvement very recently in the past month. I haven't had that constant pain I've been dealing with. That's been a great sign. Physically, I feel much, much better."

"I don't know," he said about a possible return. "It's tough to say. I'm definitely keeping myself busy, but I've learned never to say never."

"... We'll see. Right now the only thing on my mind is getting healthy and getting back in the shape."

"It's tough seeing the fighters going out when you know you can't go in there. I don't know if the competitor ever leaves you. It's tough dialing it down. ... There are times I've had to turn down the intensity and just be a normal human being on fight night."

Read entire article...

Go to MMA Junkie for more videos.

TapouT Subliminal Shirt

TapouT Subliminal Shirt

Punishment Athletics Hexed Shirt

Punishment Athletics Hexed Shirt

tags: UFC   Kenny Florian (detail)

twodragunns site profile image

9/26/12 5:12 PM by twodragunns

LMAO!!

AnakinHelwani site profile image

9/26/12 2:50 PM by AnakinHelwani

The guy's 36 and coming off a big injury. He had a great careeer and has nothing left to prove. He should stay retired.

jaytrainwreck site profile image

9/26/12 2:46 PM by jaytrainwreck

War Florian, would love to see him make one more run for a title.

TopGrinder site profile image

9/26/12 2:45 PM by TopGrinder

Please stay retired. Can't stand anymore freebie title shots

Jacinto site profile image

9/26/12 2:39 PM by Jacinto

Why would anyone really even care if he came back or not? His fights weren't very exciting and even with Dana doing everything he could to make him a champ at any weight class he couldn't pull it off.

JeffersonDArcyChoke site profile image

9/26/12 1:54 PM by JeffersonDArcyChoke

Name value. The UFC lacks names that are known just like they lack stars. Bonnar, Griffin, Leben, Koscheck, etc ALL the TUF 1 guys are still names to MMA fans. Kenny is that. Koch was ready to face Aldo and is clearly a solid fighter but he couldn't sell PPV events and they know it. Edgar doesn't either but he at least could sell more than Koch and is known which is why Korean Zombie is so hot as he is relatively known for a lighter weight guy. Florian is a bigger name than all of them and could make some guys bigger stars by getting beaten by them because fans will tune in to watch Florian fight.

cheesesteak site profile image

9/26/12 12:50 PM by cheesesteak

I for one would love to see Kenny fight again at LIGHTWEIGHT. He is very skilled and in my opinion could be top 3 again. I think if Kenny gets a good power lifting coach and drops all the fancy gym class/obstacle course type s&c that he currently does. He could be much stronger.

Willin_But_Not_Chaeble site profile image

9/26/12 12:43 PM by Willin_But_Not_Chaeble

^What the hell are you on about? That is hilarious. VTFU for Hel3torm.

MainelyBJJ site profile image

9/26/12 12:11 PM by MainelyBJJ

This is dumb,borderline fighter bashing and shows how ignorant you and all the people that crack jokes about him going down in weight are about MMA and UFC history.

Don_Dada site profile image