Guida dropping to featherweight, expects to return in 2012

source: vfdsports.com

Clay "The Carpenter" Guida announced this morning that he will begin fighting at the 145 pound Featherweight division in the UFC.  The VFD Sports star has been a long-time fan favorite and top contender in the Lightweight division and he feels that now is the perfect time to take on a new challenge.

"The Carpenter is going to explore a new job site at the 145 pound division in the new year," Guida said.  "I plan on making a run at the foreman or superintendent position right out of the gates.  I hope you guys packed a lunch."

"It will be nice to finally be one of the bigger guys in the cage.  I don't cut weight at 155, and making 145 will be no problem for me.  My fans will get to see The Dude put some royal beatings on everyone in the division.  I will not be satisfied until the Featherweight belt is mine," said Guida.

Century Versys VS.3 Fight Simulator

Century Versys VS.3 Fight Simulator

Affliction Gracie Fighter Shirt

Affliction Gracie Fighter Shirt

tags: Clay Guida (detail)

Chiron site profile image

9/28/12 8:28 PM by Chiron

I think that's wishful thinking. He already got heat for using a stalling strategy against Pettis and didn't seem to care. There's no indication that he realizes what a mistake turning his fight with Maynard into a track meet was and he actually said he thought he won the fight and was acting like a punk backstage by Maynard's camp. Unless his opponent stops him from doing it, we'll likely see him fight like that again.

Chiron site profile image

9/28/12 8:25 PM by Chiron

Could care less. I hope he loses every fight he's ever in and has to go coach wrestling or track somewhere. He lost me as a fan after dryhumping Pettis and then going Chariots of Fire on Maynard.

Big Pun site profile image

9/28/12 2:46 PM by Big Pun

Can he really cut to that though? I thought he already made a pretty large cut.

GayGuardMooseSaucy site profile image

9/28/12 2:41 PM by GayGuardMooseSaucy

He'll be even faster at featherweight

Big Pun site profile image

9/28/12 2:10 PM by Big Pun

Guida used to put on some great performances. Now it seems like he's only known for his last outing. After the backlash from that fight I doubt we will see him adopt that game plan again. Well I hope not.

UGCTT_Winnson site profile image

9/28/12 1:58 PM by UGCTT_Winnson

Well played.

TheRealMrBeefy site profile image

9/28/12 1:46 PM by TheRealMrBeefy

If KZ gets a guida fight i think he submits guida. His performance against Porier was amazing and i can only see him getting better.

OnlyTheStrongSurvive site profile image

9/28/12 1:44 PM by OnlyTheStrongSurvive

You're right every single fight he has ever been in was boring. He has never been involved in a crazy brawl.

khaynes21 site profile image

9/28/12 1:43 PM by khaynes21

Not interested. He could move up to 170 and i still would not give one single fuck.