Fighter Justin Wren meets children who have never seen a white man before

source: The Underground

Great White Sasquatch/Vanilla Gorilla in Congo!

justinthevikingwren
Member Since: 10/23/08
Posts: 1133

So last time I posted a video it was a bit of a downer... This time I hope it brings a huge smile to your face!

Please feel free to let me know what you guys think of this video, what you think would be going through your mind, etc.

Wouldn't it be SURREAL if you were being the FIRST of your ethnicity to EVER be seen by people??? Think of 3 and a half weeks of it! This was in one of the towns were we were getting food to take back to Andibo's sick mamma after she was mourning the loss of her son... Even after burying a 1 and 1/2 year old boy somehow children can bring joy to you in the worst of circumstances... You'll see what you mean when you see the video and see their smiles.

Also as a heads up... Within a week or two I am launching at least one page where we can start officially taking donations for the foundation I am starting to help the Mbuti Pygmies! Don't think I have forgot... My heart is wholeheartedly invested into helping this people, the Pygmies, my family, my brothers and sisters.

We are targeting land to buy them... $160 an acre, $400 a hector (2.47 acres) of UNCUT, UNTOUCHED land in the 2nd LARGEST rainforest in the WORLD.

We already got them the first land of their own in Eastern Congo :-) I was there when it was signed over by the local cheifs... I walked the land with my Congolese friends. About 40 acres so far... We have our eyes on a BIG dream of 1 sq kilometer (588 acres) $38,000 and connecting to is another FOUR kilometers of prime rainforest with a massive river running through it with waterfalls... Good location to find water sources for water wells. Keep in mind Pygmies are made human slaves and thought to be half animal... That is why I buried Andibo because he was turned away from the hospital TWICE.

I sponsored a water well while I was there... I am excited to let you guys know how we can do that together too! WAY cheaper than you think!!!

On the land we could maybe start a Pygmy hospital where no one is EVER turned away!

Anyways this is my rant for the evening :-) Love you guys... Oh and let's continue to support Frank in #FranksFight on here, on twitter, on the UG and with donations! If you see this Frank, sending blessings and prayers your way dude.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

RYU Signature Tee LE

RYU Signature Tee LE

tags: Justin Wren (detail)  video

justinthevikingwren site profile image

1/8/13 2:45 PM by justinthevikingwren

Thanks!

MartialArtsMixed site profile image

1/7/13 6:32 PM by MartialArtsMixed

TTT

justinthevikingwren site profile image

1/7/13 6:29 PM by justinthevikingwren

Thanks bruddah! Bigger fight than me!

jTheHybridwolff site profile image

1/7/13 5:56 PM by jTheHybridwolff

TTT for the Viking for fighting the good fight

justinthevikingwren site profile image

1/7/13 5:37 PM by justinthevikingwren

Thanks bro!

wreckker site profile image

1/7/13 5:34 PM by wreckker

Awesome what you are doing Justin!

justinthevikingwren site profile image

1/7/13 4:54 PM by justinthevikingwren

Everything is falling into place! TODAY I officially received my nonprofit status!!!    1 Viking 1 Jungle 1 Year 1,000 MINIMUM slaves set FREE!   Donation link: (I'll be needing a landing page at least for Pygmy Project Info!) https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=kbm&id=5   That not the only excitement! As this is absolutely my nonprofit, my vision, and me risking my own neck in the Eastern Congo jungle... In addition I have been granted a covering from over 25 year nonprofit that will hold me to the highest financial accountability there is! I will be required annual outside audits and is held to standards higher than the IRS requires :-)    This is why it has taken me FIVE long months after an innocent infant died in my hands to be willing to accept donations... I didn't want something in the slightest to look fishy, or even in the SLIGHTEST have people wonder like is only natural. I wanted to take those doubts away..   The organization that is actually accepting the donations is a nonprofit I have been incredible friends with for years. They will basically be the middle man with the money, and they will do all the accounting (because I suck at it) and help me focus on just doing good. I will see every donation, but I won't be responsible for the administration stuff.    Anytime I want to do something with the money I tell them with a written notice of what it is for first. Then they release it, then I provide them with a receipt afterwards for tax documentation. They also will give out the Tax Write Off Info for my donors or my "Support Tribe." It is my nonprofit. It is my vision. It is me who will be in the Congo, on the ground, for (hopefully) a full year. I will be the one MAKING SURE it gets where it is said it will go :-)    The reason for this is I wanted and then SOUGHT out the best financial accountability I could find. The ECFA. The only problem was that it took years of being up and running to get their seal of financial accountability... So we had to get creative :-)     I have friends that are so good to me they are willing to cover me with their 25 year seal of financial accountability with the ECFA to START my nonprofit! All that means is they do the paperwork, as a favor, because they really believe in this :-)     My mission is to set a 1,000 slaves MINIMUM FREE.    I saw earlier today that a Honey Badger BBQ sauce raised 50,000 in donations!!! $50,000 in donations will provide this...   -1,000 men, women, children slaves their FREEDOM... Their LIBERATION!  -Hundreds (Around 300 acres) of already negotiated PERFECT uncut virgin rainforest to live in.  -Water well dug, clean-crisp water flowing -Agriculturalists paid... Corn & bean crops growing -Tilapia stock pond dug, fish farming! -Chickens and a coop for eggs & meat! -School built! -Headmaster paid! First ever officially recognized Congolese Pygmy school... I already know the Headmaster and had him agree :-) $600 is his yearly salary! -Teacher paid!    Guys I'm thinking this is going to be bigger than what I've written down here! That's why I say 1,000 slaves MINIMUM!  I've talked to a academy award winning documentary director & Oscar nominated directors and three other filmmakers! They think if I could do a kickstarter video and campaign to do a documentary that could be HUGE! Have the proceeds from the one year in the jungle documentary go straight back to the project!    I hope that during my year on the ground I can have trips of medical missionaries and other nonprofits coming on to the new land with their expertise!    I've seen 19 million dollar grants be given to Congo for agriculture projects... I've seems a 150,000,000 MILLION dollar project go in Congo to develop water wells... The only thing is I've never seen those benefits, not once in being there... What I have seen some LOADED government officials! I mean millions upon millions in their pockets while a family of 5-6 lives on an average of 85 dollars a month!  Maybe I'm just going to the very worst places... But that is where I see the MOST hope!  I'll let them jail me before I get bribed. They know this, I've been threatened multiple times before... And now I have the support of people who are loved greatly by Congolese :-)   I'm with a 50+ year Congo University that has been part of successful peace talks between rebel groups and violent standoffs. They just so happen to have the number one school of Community Development that says after I get what I want done for the $50,000 if there is another like $5,000-$8,000 they will build a UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CENTER attached to the exact land! Why? So they can have "on field" students as faculty that during their senior years they will LIVE at the research center and get COLLEGE CREDIT to continue helping the Pygmies! Helping them go from completely dependent slaves... To self sustaining, independent, FREE people! The research center will protect from outside corruption and locals close to it will be told by local Congolese university staff and students that if we can change the worst off living circumstances... We can then take it out farther than here!        Last night I began making a video with one filmmaker to raise awareness... I am so thankful for The UG and MMA.tv   These people are worth fighting for!

justinthevikingwren site profile image

9/30/12 2:40 AM by justinthevikingwren

Voted you up brother! Bro I think it'd be AWESOME to take some fighters with me sometime. Especially dudes with big hearts... Which it sounds like yours might be too big for that LW frame of yours lol. Thanks brother

DiscipleDojo site profile image

9/29/12 7:10 PM by DiscipleDojo

Voted up.

Jason Reinhardt site profile image

9/29/12 4:55 PM by Jason Reinhardt

We take so much for granted. Including myself.