Struve asks for Werdum as next opponent

by John Morgan and Matt Erickson | source: mmajunkie.com

In the meantime, after earning a "Fight of the Night" win over the previously undefeated Stipe Miocic at Saturday night's UFC on FUEL TV 5 event, Struve has another name in mind: Fabricio Werdum.

"Werdum would be an awesome fight for my next fight," Struve told MMAjunkie.com. "I think I can cope with him on the ground, and I think I can rough him up on the feet."

"I'm 24," Struve said. "Imagine what I can do in four years or five years."

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

Authority Figure site profile image

10/1/12 2:05 AM by Authority Figure

Charging your credit card back $.98 would be too much trouble. lol

Narcolepsy site profile image

10/1/12 1:47 AM by Narcolepsy

Unless Werdum works really hard on a good overhand right, Struve takes it. The only times I pick Struve to lose are vs top notch strikers.

UGCTT_David_MMAmet site profile image

9/30/12 11:54 PM by UGCTT_David_MMAmet

Not saying he's the same level, but I feel the perceived skill differential is somewhat comparable, Matt Wiman just subbed Paul Sass. Just saying. This is mma, anything can happen.I think Struve/Werdum is an exciting fight!

inf0 site profile image

9/30/12 11:45 PM by inf0

sometimes i can't controll myself.. but it is not beyond the realm of possibility... a nice headkick that totally disoriented Werdum could definitely result in some sort of choke or guillotine too deep to get out of.

TheoBrixton site profile image

9/30/12 11:29 PM by TheoBrixton

If he fights to his advantages Struve could obviously win this fight, but why even suggest this? Heads would literally explode if he subbed Werdum.

inf0 site profile image

9/30/12 11:25 PM by inf0

If this fights happen I want to make an SN bet with you Chris... obviously not on the sub part but on the fight.

HenryO site profile image

9/30/12 11:22 PM by HenryO

Won't happen, they won't protect him from himself and his career will have peaked by the time he's 26 or 27

ranier wolfcastle site profile image

9/30/12 11:01 PM by ranier wolfcastle

i do think werdum would win

MMALOGIC site profile image

9/30/12 10:56 PM by MMALOGIC

struve is the perfect example of an aspect of mma which can learn from boxing.  Struve is still developing physically... there's no way he should be fighting these guys at this point in his career.  Fighting JDS?  all it could take is being knocked out a few times and your chin is done which means your career is over.  once he's fully developed physically then he should be fighting these monsters.

Chris site profile image

9/30/12 10:49 PM by Chris

I just spent the last thirty minutes on the OG and I came back here and this was funnier than anything else I read there.