Silva: I've never wanted to fight Jon Jones

source: mmaweekly.com

“There’s always been a lot of talks about me moving up to 205, I know Dana has talked about it a lot, all the fans have talked a lot about me moving up and facing Jon Jones, but it’s something I’ve never wanted,” Silva said on Thursday.

Silva has tested the waters at light heavyweight in the past only because the UFC has asked him to do so when they needed him, but he’s never planning a permanent move there.

The long time Brazilian champion has plenty of teammates who could challenge UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, but he’s not going to be one of them.

“I won’t be pretentious to say that I want to move up, especially because there’s other guys in that weight class on our team like Rafael Feijao (Cavalcante), (Antonio Rogerio) Minotoro Nogueira, there’s other guys that could potentially face Jon Jones in the future,” Silva stated.

“What got me this far is I’m grounded, my weight class is 185,” said Silva.

“I’m 37-years old and I feel like I need to be honest and to continue what I’ve built which is keep defending my belt at 185.”

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

UFC Ready for Battle Shirt

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

Bipolar site profile image

10/6/12 5:27 PM by Bipolar

...Speaking of rankings, I've just read through the first few pages of this thread, and I can say with confidence and certainty that you hold a secure place in the top 5 dumbass posters on this forum. Hold your head high, fren. No one can take that away from you. Your retardation is evident to all.However, I regret that I must add that you really shouldn't be given any credit for your great achievement here. This is because your stupidity is likely a genetic gift, and as you have pointed out ad nauseam, using Jon Jones' reach for your proof, you have done nothing to earn your position on the p4p dumbass list, and so should not be given credit for it.Congratulations and I'm sorry.

knuckles2 site profile image

10/6/12 11:52 AM by knuckles2

Cunty.....

UKTT`s official bottom wiper site profile image

10/5/12 6:23 PM by UKTT`s official bottom wiper

well, show me where the criteria for GOAT are defined and i'll let you say anything about facts.  until then, it's obviously opinion based.  you may put weight into moving up a weight class and fighting the champ there, but not everyone does.   i'd also like to know who you have as your GOAT.

aluminum_rooster site profile image

10/5/12 6:03 PM by aluminum_rooster

get a room you two

Bisping_GMWOAT site profile image

10/5/12 5:53 PM by Bisping_GMWOAT

If your comments warranted any type of intellectual response, then I'd gladly do so.  But they warrant a gif of Chuck Norris telling you you are a fag, hence my post.

UGCTT_LnPninja site profile image

10/5/12 5:47 PM by UGCTT_LnPninja

^^^^ We can all EASILY prove you wrong about Anderson fighting people he "outweigh by 30 pounds"   Looking just at his LAST fight he gave up 20 pounds to Sonnen. Dolce verified Sonnen was 218 the day of the fight, and Anderson's nutritionist had Silva at 198.   Vitor was also heavier, as were (from what we know):   Lutter Franklin x2 Forrest Irvin Cote Okami (recently, not sure about the 175lb fight from 2006) Leites   So what the fuck are you even rambling about? Maybe you should do a little research and try posting less when you clearly do not know what you are talking about...

priestcraft site profile image

10/5/12 5:37 PM by priestcraft

I recommend Preperation H. It should help your butt from hurting so badly. Seriously, calling people names because you cant prove them wrong is the resting place of fools. Sad. You should learn from Lnpray. Brilliant guy, doesnt namecall...just disagrees with me.

priestcraft site profile image

10/5/12 5:25 PM by priestcraft

"SOME not top comp"? lol. He's lost to 5(one NS) and dominated by more than one b4 a miracle comeback. GOATHOOD is opinion based on FACTS. If i said "joe son is the goat", you'd have the right to laugh at me...correct? If you say silva, i have the right to say youre wrong & i can back it up w/facts

KingofBJJ site profile image

10/5/12 5:25 PM by KingofBJJ

LOL!

Snakey site profile image

10/5/12 5:20 PM by Snakey

good thread

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!