Jones: TRT is absolutely terrible

by Damon Martin | source: mmaweekly.com

“I think it’s terrible. I think it’s absolutely terrible if you’re going to consider yourself an athlete. TRT would be perfect for Chael Sonnen if he wasn’t competing in one of the toughest sports in the world,” Jones stated.

“I think Chael Sonnen made tons of money when he was a young guy, and now he’s an older guy. And now just to be able to take a drug and super-enhance yourself back to where you were in your 20′s is bull.”

“Right now I’m 25, I’m sure I’m not as giddy and happy-go-lucky as I was when I was 20, so if I take a drug at my 25-year-old age and have the energy of a 20-year-old, it just wouldn’t be fair. Everyone would hate me if I did it, but Chael Sonnen gets to do it? I think it’s bull crap,” Jones stated.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Venum Skintex Sparring MMA Gloves

Venum Skintex Sparring MMA Gloves

Super Body Care Shower Gel 8oz

Super Body Care Shower Gel 8oz

Caught_clean site profile image

10/20/12 12:12 AM by Caught_clean

Yea that would be fair and I 100% agree.

ObamaCare site profile image

10/19/12 11:30 PM by ObamaCare

not a bad post but dont forget we're talking about sports, winning and money. im sure some, but not all guys think "if injecting this much makes me feel great, then injecting 2x that should be awesome" i wouldnt label all fighters on TrT cheaters, but i would bet my house that  a large number of them abuse it during camp because there is absolutely no way to get caught unless you get randomly tested.  having the testosterone of a lion while preparing for a fight is indeed an unfair advantage.  i wouldnt have 1 bad thing to say about TrT in mma if all fighters with exemptions had to take a random test during camp. Sonnen and others should be randomly tested 2-3x starting as soon as 3months out from their  fight.

JeffersonDArcyChoke site profile image

10/19/12 12:14 PM by JeffersonDArcyChoke

You know what is unfair?That meat bat Jones is swinging when he steps to the plate. One woman told Bossip that all she remembers is feeling like she was sitting on a road cone and the smell of beer mixed with Cool Water lingering for hours. That's an unfair advantage the champ has. His reach.

chaplinshouse site profile image

10/19/12 11:19 AM by chaplinshouse

true, and i think Jones knows that.  He just wants every single ounce of advantage he can get due to his lack of confidence.  he'll take it one day,  he's noticed a dropoff at the age of 25 which puts him below normal so he'll for sure need it

Evzey site profile image

10/19/12 10:43 AM by Evzey

Great post

8flat site profile image

10/19/12 10:33 AM by 8flat

This made me think of my buddy, naturally muscular, thought he had low T at 39yrs old since he was sick all the time. Gets tested, the doc literally laughed at him because his levels were something like 2.5x normal for his age, I can't recall the exact level. No surprise to the rest of us..haha...dude's an animal. Doc said some people just have high T levels naturally.

Osbot site profile image

10/19/12 2:50 AM by Osbot

As far as I am concerned. Bring on technology.All I need is my brain and my cock. The rest can be cyborg stylez. Who cares if you're natural when you can be AWESOME. This is actually a serious post.So long as stuff can be proven to be beneficial to long term health rather than detrimental, we should be embracing it fully. If that means I can take a pill that will make my muscles grow faster, or stronger than normal. If I can take a shot that increases my v02 max. If I can take something that will make me better, and not cause my brain to rot out Lyle Alzado style a decade later, I want it.

DanTheWolfman site profile image

10/19/12 1:53 AM by DanTheWolfman

Easy to say when you can't get hit because of your reach so pituitary hasn't been damaged yet to induce Low T,And you weren't born with one Testicle (I do believe Chael actually was?)And you aren't olderLet's see what he thinks/does at 31 when he goes up to HW? Even if morally against TRT or Testosterone, I BET YOU someone close to him will make the push that HGH is natural and he should use it when he goes to HWOn the other HAND, CHAEL's levels for Anderson 1, not having approval from that commission etc make him open to this stuff too. I don't believe the Chael of Anderson 1 was the same as levels vs Anderson 2. Also, Chael supposedly injects twice a week, so I assume he is doing newer protocol SUB-q into fat. prob 70-100mg per shot. 100mg twice per week is a good bit high for MOST, but perhaps if he is a Uni-testicular man it could very well be appropriate.For fun thinking's sake, let's think of some MMA personalities, all of which I assume to be using both HGH and medically prescribed TRTFrom the looks of it 2 of these guys are probably using about 300 mg per week (plug HGH), which, is 100-200 mg more than any DR usually prescribes. Another person if you look at pics was probably on that same dose for a short while, but looks like he dialed it back down to approx 120-150 mg per week. Wonder if any of the experience posters agree with my assessment of some of the well known MMA personalities that have great before and after pics???ALSO, young men out there, doing ROIDS illegally when your levels are still good and shutting down your system is STUPID.....Levels LOW, checked by DR., prescribed and monitored each year is totally different thing

themmaexpert site profile image

10/19/12 1:31 AM by themmaexpert

The problem is people who are natural gifted athletes with high test, hate the competition.I'm not saying its fair, because its not natural,but it is fair scientifically. Until you walk in both shoes, you will have a diffferent opinion, I take trt, so I'm biased.

The Overseer site profile image