Cerrone: I just want to fight

source: bleacherreport.com

As Cerrone said about the gig going to Jones and Sonnen, “Obviously we got overrun by a bigger, badder wolf.”

Cerrone would have welcomed the opportunity to coach opposite Pettis, saying “That would have been awesome to be a coach against him, that would have been fun, it’d be entertaining, but I just want to fight.”

For now it looks like Cerrone will fight Pettis in January.  He said that nothing is set in stone as far as date or location, but the fight looks like it is going to take place, “Nothing’s set, they just keep telling us, mid-January, end of January, be ready for January.”

MusclePharm Sportsline Shirt

MusclePharm Sportsline Shirt

Headrush UFC 164 Anthony \

Headrush UFC 164 Anthony "Showtime" Pettis Walkout Shirt

GriffinQ site profile image

10/22/12 3:38 AM by GriffinQ

Well, I wrote a huge reply to this on my phone and then it got stuck on the "Posting..." screen for 15 minutes and obviously was never gonna post. Maybe I'll rewrite it later, that was frustrating as fuck.

whowillbetop5in5years site profile image

10/22/12 3:12 AM by whowillbetop5in5years

Frankie is a huge star, his 2 wins vs BJ and the Maynard trilogy solidify that. Maybe not in terms of ppv numbers but im sure the casual fan knows who Edgar is. Staying on topic, Cerrone is a beast who got sucked into Nate's game. Who else racked up five wins and potentially six in one year? Looks like Cerrone and Pettis will finally cross paths.

RJ MacReady site profile image

10/21/12 11:32 PM by RJ MacReady

Woulda been cool but now we'll get to see the fight sooner so I'm happy. I'm really lookin forward to this one

GriffinQ site profile image

10/21/12 11:30 PM by GriffinQ

Whoever wins coaches against the winner of Bendo/Diaz? All 4 of them are very marketable for different reasons, could help make them into genuine LW stars, which there haven't been since BJ lost

Sho_Gunn site profile image

10/21/12 11:29 PM by Sho_Gunn

Damn i would have loved to see that.

dus 10 site profile image

10/21/12 11:27 PM by dus 10

That woulda ruled!! Dammit chael!