Tate blasts Bellator on Twitter

source: mmamania.com

In late August, Bellator made a big deal about the return of its women's champion, Zoila Gurgel.

Turns out it may not be that big of a deal after all. That's because "The Warrior Princess" has been relegated to the un-televised portion of the Bellator 78 fight card, which goes down this Friday night (Oct. 26, 2012) from Wright State's Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio.

And that makes former Strikeforce Women's champion Miesha Tate mad:

"I cannot believe [Bellator] would allow [its] champion to be placed on the UN televised undercard in her hometown. A champion is a champion regardless if she is fighting up a weight, u use her image to promote the posters & then put her on the undercard?! Blows my mind. This is the 2nd time too you have done this I tell you what I would rather never fight MMA again then fight for u under @BellatorMMA banner.... The amount of disrespect you have given @ZoilaGurgel is disgusting."

TapouT Women\'s Everyday I Fight Shirt (Breast Cancer Awareness)

TapouT Women's Everyday I Fight Shirt (Breast Cancer Awareness)

Jaco Women\'s Patriot Crew Shirt

Jaco Women's Patriot Crew Shirt

tags: Miesha Tate (detail)  Bellator

JerodR site profile image

10/23/12 5:22 PM by JerodR

As an organization you have always got to put your champions on display.. They are the cream of the crop in your organization and you want people to believe they are the best champions in any organization. The way to do that is by always having them on the main card. To do anything else is poor business.

TheAssMurderer site profile image

10/23/12 5:16 PM by TheAssMurderer

Their shows are small comparatively speaking. I dont care how small their shows are, I like to watch good fights - it's an added bonus if they're free. I caught BFC 76 a week late, but it was better than 90% of the shit fights Ive seen lately. On topic, ZF shit talked her org. It's no wonder she's on the undercard. If she was in the UFC and did that, Dana would have erased her from the UFC lol.

Fernando Alonso site profile image

10/22/12 5:44 PM by Fernando Alonso

Well she is and currently lives there now so.

TripVersion01 site profile image

10/22/12 5:30 PM by TripVersion01

Zoila's hometown isn't in Ohio, she's from the Central Valley/Fresno. I know she's a Gurgel, but still.

YellowWrkedByTapIn site profile image

10/22/12 5:11 PM by YellowWrkedByTapIn

Now, everyone shut the fuck up and stare.

smth416 site profile image

10/22/12 4:35 PM by smth416

Yeah im not a fan of Zoila but Bellator is disgraceful.

Master Shredder site profile image

10/22/12 4:31 PM by Master Shredder

She is so correct its not even funny!Tate is is good for WMMA!

Rusty Shackleford site profile image

10/22/12 4:26 PM by Rusty Shackleford

you made me choke on an almond, so i had to log in to vtfu

McBottery site profile image

10/22/12 3:55 PM by McBottery

lol @ all the people who talk shit about how the UFC treats its fighters and then praise organizations like Bellator   The way Bellator has handled the entire Zolia situation has been nothing short of pitiful.  They really showed their true colors with this.

JerryW site profile image

10/22/12 3:44 PM by JerryW

Ok there is a problem with the UG today. I have skimmed over this entire thread, and not one image of Ms. Tates ass anywhere!Either you bastards forgot the rules or the internet is broken.Please explain?

MMA apparel and training equipment
BLACK FRIDAY