White refutes Mayhem's accusations

source: The Underground

In an hour long interview with Ariel Helwani, Jason 'Mayhem' Miller went into many topics, including his belief that the UFC medical insurance program was basically a scam and that the UFC did 'underhanded, sneaky shit' to avoid paying out thousand of dollars to help their fighters.

UFC President Dana White must have been told about the interview and came to the Underground to refute the accusation directly. White posted the e-mail below, from his medical claims coordinator:

Dana,

Here are all of the medial records I have for Jason.

We paid for his MRI and Doctors visits. At his last appointment Dr. Limpisvasti told him he needed to bring in his films to review before any surgical decisions were made, which he never did. At this point without Dr. Limpisvasti seeing the films I am not sure how he is saying we denied a surgery that has not been requested yet.

BRIANA MATTISON | MEDICAL CLAIMS MANAGER

According to the e-mail, it seems as though the UFC did what they could for Miller, but he did not follow through with them to receive proper treatment.

As with most he said, she said stories there is usually one side, the other side, and somewhere in the middle, the truth.

TapouT Fang Mouth Guard (2 Pack)

TapouT Fang Mouth Guard (2 Pack)

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

tags: Dana White   Jason Miller (detail)  Mayhem

Jason Reinhardt site profile image

10/29/12 1:13 PM by Jason Reinhardt

fishy fish, lol. actually, i was tested for ADHD and the computer said i didn't have it. However, i told the doctor i thought his machine was broke. lol. So, they didn't put me on adhd meds. i still feel i have it.

Evzey site profile image

10/29/12 1:09 PM by Evzey

Gotta agree I've always been given a copy if any x ray or MRI I've ever had done

Total Size Queen site profile image

10/29/12 12:50 PM by Total Size Queen

A lot of hospitals now have PACS and its not a hard program to use. The problem, is a majority of hospitals don't hire their own rads 98% of them hire a contract company, and these docs come and go as they please, and the pm shift is a whole other story and millions and millions of dollars. If you want a image read at night they usually send the images to a company called NightHawk and you don't even want to know the cost associated with that lol

CindyO site profile image

10/27/12 9:12 PM by CindyO

Good Lord! Did you hit a mack truck or something???   Cindy

lifeaftrprison site profile image

10/27/12 9:34 AM by lifeaftrprison

Business as usual !

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman site profile image

10/27/12 9:31 AM by Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman

Mayhem wouldn't even tell us what happened in the church. It was such s bizarre interview and he switched shit up and straight up lied.Can't trust anything he says, and that sucks. Can't trust Dana either. Monday - Sonnen will not talk his way into a title fight Tuesday - Chael will fight Jones for the title

UGCTT_mrzipplokk site profile image

10/27/12 9:24 AM by UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Dana has always seemed to be a straight shooter to me. Says what he means. Regardless. Mayhem, on the other hand, has had some very questionable behavior in recent months.

MITman2k site profile image

10/27/12 8:54 AM by MITman2k

crazy story ryan, hope your recovery goes well btw

UGCTT_Winnson site profile image

10/27/12 8:43 AM by UGCTT_Winnson

^That's actually pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking.  If he really wanted to get it done he could have, but maybe didn't want to go under the knife.

Ryan Black site profile image

10/27/12 6:34 AM by Ryan Black

I really don't think Mayhem wanted to get knee surgery, that's the obvious thing I hear when reading between the lines of his story. Not to mention, he didn't exactly scream in unequivocal, agonizing pain when he hopped up on a bench next to Ariel in Central Park, and then proceeded to clear the fence in a second clean leap. Then he continued to clown around pretty physically before throwing his legs back over the fence.I think Mayhem knows that as long as he's not training for a fight and putting serious strain on it, he can likely manage it and doesn't really want to have surgery. I don't blame him; but I do feel he left out that detail. He likely never followed through because his knee started feeling better after some rest and he had no problem. Because I can guarantee you, any other issues Jason Miller may or may not be facing in his personal life aside- if you can't get out of bed in the morning, can't walk without limping in agony- come hell or high water, you'd do whatever it takes to solve your problem. You'd have the proper documents FedExed to the right doctor and you'd find a way to not live every second of your life plagued by pain.I am glad to see that was not the case for Jason. He had that interaction with that surgeon and that was it. If he had a problem plaguing him, I'm sure he'd have "jumped through" whatever "hoops" were placed in front of him.Shit, I was just in a serious accident- and am facing oral surgery, jaw surgery, two shoulder surgeries to repair a tear and dislocation and an operation to break and repair my displaced collarbone. I have had to jump through several hoops- including going down to the hospital I spent two weeks at and needing several copies of several different files, CDs, films, and xrays taken over the course of my hospital stay and the paperwork on the operations performed in ICU to save my life after the accident. This is the practice of modern medicine, this is how insurance companies work, this is how hospitals and the medical 'system' works. Jason Miller understands this. He didn't bring the MRI films back to the doctor because he didn't feel like it.Shit, bringing films to a surgeon for review and consultation is not "jumping through hoops." I had to prove to my insurance company through hospital and police paperwork that I was LITERALLY, PHYSICALLY DEAD, machines necessary to retain a heartbeat, in a coma for four days. The plastic surgeon that literally sewed half of my face back together was forced to prove that he spent four hours in emergency surgery at 2AM to save my life, with me going without a pulse six times on the operating table. I had to get these things proven and certified in writing for my insurance company to pay for it. I have still shelled out $15K in hospital debt. That's jumping through hoops. Sorry for the FRAT. I needed to vent that out :)