Teixeira: Rampage is 'clueless'

source: fiveknuckles.com

Teixeira hopes he is the one to bring an end to Jones reign over the light-heavyweight division, but for now he wants more fights under his belt to gain experience.

"I'll have to talk to me, man (laughs)," Teixeira said. "I hope it is me, but at the moment I'm doing some fights to get more experience. I learned a lot with this fight against Maldonado. Even with the victory, learned a lot. I have to learn more and gain experience to enter the Octagon [against Jones]. One day, I will get there. I'm going to work, doing my best to get there."

After Teixeira defeated Fabio Maldonado at UFC 153, his former UFC 153 opponent Quinton Jackson immediately took to twitter and asked UFC president Dana White to once again schedule him against Teixeira. Jackson originally pulled out his bout with Teixeira after he suffered an elbow injury.

Dana White responded "sounds good bro."

"Whatever the UFC wants," Teixeira said. "Rampage is an idol of the sport and good when he trains. It is a fight that will be hard, but I will be ready for him. I'm always ready to fight and I will beat this guy. He is talking about he will destroy me, fighting with two guys in the night. He lost to Forrest Griffin and talking he will fight with Griffin and me on the same night? So I say, this guy is clueless."

Affliction Horror Business Shirt

Affliction Horror Business Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

DoomFarmer site profile image

10/27/12 3:27 PM by DoomFarmer

You are a fucking imbecile if you don't understand his point.How about a cash bet on this fight if they make it?

thatsme site profile image

10/27/12 1:45 PM by thatsme

Ya you make so much sense. NOT!

Daverr site profile image

10/26/12 9:54 PM by Daverr

id take a semi hungey page over glover for sure

DoomFarmer site profile image

10/26/12 9:44 PM by DoomFarmer

LOLReally?

Herring In A Fur Coat site profile image

10/26/12 8:29 PM by Herring In A Fur Coat

He doesn't badmouth fighters period, because he is respectful (and also because he has to interview the after the fight.)Rogan is a fight nerd like all of us, he was hyping Silva for the same reasons as the rest of UG.

Herring In A Fur Coat site profile image

10/26/12 8:29 PM by Herring In A Fur Coat

"No one except Jones has been able to do anything to him when they took him down. "Except for win the fight...

thatsme site profile image

10/26/12 7:36 PM by thatsme

So what? No one except Jones has been able to do anything to him when they took him down.

XxLiveBaitxX site profile image

10/26/12 5:43 PM by XxLiveBaitxX

<blockquote>Herring In A Fur Coat - <blockquote>XxLiveBaitxX - <blockquote>Herring In A Fur Coat - <blockquote>XxLiveBaitxX - ^^<br /><br />The point being made is "a battle-tested vet via experience over a highly-hyped, upstart fighter."<br /><br />Seems everyone believed that Silva would run through Fitch because they ordered the value-meal hype from the Zuffa drive-through window.</blockquote><br />How exactly has Zuffa been hyping Eric Silva? All his hype came from right here on the UG, he was hyped up by the fans who watched his last couple of fights, not the "Zuffa drive-through window". He was also the odds favorite against Fitch.</blockquote><br />You're saying Zuffa didn't hype E. Silva?<br /><br />So Joe Rogan is free to hype whoever he pleases?<br /><br />It's true that alot of UG hyped Silva, but the Zuffa mouthpieces also have a major role in selling the hype.</blockquote><br />Joe Rogan does indeed hype whoever he pleases, and in general does whatever he pleases.</blockquote><br /><br /><br />He certainly wouldn't bad-mouth a fighter before a PPV, no matter how poorly a fighter he thinks they are.

Herring In A Fur Coat site profile image

10/26/12 5:30 PM by Herring In A Fur Coat

XxLiveBaitxX site profile image

10/26/12 5:27 PM by XxLiveBaitxX

I wouldn't go as far as saying we'll see a vintage Rampage victory, I just wouldn't be surprised if we see him neutralize Glover (ala vs Machida).I like both fighters, don't get me wrong.