Hughes: Hunting not wrong, by law or the Bible

source: mmafighting.com

On criticism of his hunting:

"They can think whatever they want. But as far as, by the law, I'm right. You can't see anything in the Bible [that says I'm wrong]. By the law and by the Bible, I've not done anything wrong. And if I haven't conflicted with either one of those, I can live my life the way I want to. That's my answer.

"When you go to Africa, I had to pay to shoot these animals. But, when you kill an animal, you get the hide and the horns. All the meat stays with the outfitter and it feeds the people there. So I wasn't entitled to any of the meat."

On his to trip to Africa:

"I shot six animals: kudu, gemsbok, eland, red hartebeest, black wildebeest, blue wildebeest. [My son] shot a kudu, gemsbok, zebra, impala, and bushbuck. So, we had a great time. It was a great bonding moment. He's 13 years old, so of course he's never going to forget this. And he can't wait to go back to Africa sometime."

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Hayabusa Fade Flip Flop

Hayabusa Fade Flip Flop

Jaco Training Shorts

Jaco Training Shorts

tags: Matt Hughes (detail)

Belcherz_Twister site profile image

11/1/12 12:22 PM by Belcherz_Twister

If you've got the money to go and hunt like Hughes, filling his kill-meter to the fullest, go for it. Help the local economy - Matt's a multi-millionaire - but neither money nor killing can lead you to happiness.When you are faced with your own likelihood of death, you will pray to stay alive

Reven site profile image

11/1/12 12:09 PM by Reven

Sure is a bunch of pussies around here.

JBASS site profile image

11/1/12 9:01 AM by JBASS

Was having a chat with one of my former crew members who fished with me when we went out and chased Marlin. We were talking about tagging and releasing Marlin and the people who still choose to capture Marlin, he said something that made me think of this thread;'You know, we must look like the biggest bunch of hypocrits to the rest of the world. Other than the Vegans and Animal Rights Activists, the only other people that condemn people when they kill big fish is other fisherman. Yet, we still want to catch those fish.'Man - I must look like an absolute nut to some people lol. TTT

Megatherium site profile image

10/31/12 8:35 PM by Megatherium

Actually, now that I think about it, those guys really didn't collaborate on songs very often. It was more of a business deal struck early on to share the proceeds from songwriting royalties.But you know what I mean.

Megatherium site profile image

10/31/12 8:18 PM by Megatherium

Yes I did notice it was a collaborative effort in the best tradition of Lennon/McCartney and Jagger/Richard. Still, all in all, a fitting tribute to an mma country icon!

superCalo site profile image

10/31/12 8:06 PM by superCalo

I wrote the lyrics but did not record the song that honor belongs to triplebac  on the oG ..I admit I went there in a moment of weakness.

Megatherium site profile image

10/31/12 7:56 PM by Megatherium

What a touching tribute that is SuperCalo, I`m tearing up a little over here. Tearing up in a manly way, mind you. Not in some citified pansy vegetarian way. Nope. No sir. Not me.

superCalo site profile image

10/31/12 7:25 PM by superCalo

Goodby Matt Hughes Though I never knew you at all You had the grace to hold yourself While those around you got slammed on their head They crawled out of the woodwork And they whispered bout pigs testicles & huntin wild beast They set you on your farm And they made you quote the bible   And it seems to me you lived your life like a corn husk in the wind Always knowing the right time to plough the fields And I would have liked to knows you but I was just a mexican Your corn husk blew over long before your legend ever did   Goodbye Matt Hughes we sees you now more than just a fighter a farmer hunter too,  more than just our Matt Hughe

Megatherium site profile image

10/31/12 7:22 PM by Megatherium

Matt was gracious enough to donate the meat from his big game adventure to the local African tribes.That's a heap of good eatin' for a passel of mighty hungry folks.Well done Matt!

behzad site profile image

10/31/12 6:48 PM by behzad

Feel ur pain bro.And jokes on the pic ^ lolIm sure it says in the bible thine enjoy that fine ass