Dana White: Hill vs. Secor judges should lose their job

source: bloodyelbow.com

During this week's TUF Michael Hill and Matt Secor were set for a grudge match - the two had had words the previous episode.

“I called out Secor because he’s been starting a lot of trash talking," said Hill. " Secor called me a girl.  He called me a thief."

“I like this fight,” said Secor. “This is obviously the fight I’ve been preparing for. I think I have a very good chance of implementing my game plan and seeing it through and getting the victory.”

The game plan Secor was referring to was to take it to the ground, where Secor's jiu-jitsu skills could be used to full effect. Hill's plan was simpler - knock Secor out.

The fight was lackluster, with Hill arguably having an edge in the first round, and Secor clearly taking the second. The overtime round was in the eyes of all but three people won by Secor. Unfortunately, the two people that saw it Hill's way were judges. The other was Hill himself.

Secor took the loss in stride.

“I won," said Secor. "Anyone that watches that fight is going to say I won. I’m not taking anything from Michael Hill. He won. He deserves it. I lost for a reason. God only knows why but I’m just going to come back and work even harder.”

UFC President Dana White however was incensed, with all of it.

“That first round would probably have to go down as one of the s------- rounds in TUF history,” said White.  “One punch was thrown by each guy and then a bunch of lying around.”

"The first round, maybe they didn't hear me say, 'This is two five-minute rounds.' This is a fight! You've got two f------ rounds to win this fight! At the end of the first round, I gave Matt that round. They said to me, 'No, no, no, mike won that round.' I wouldn't argue it. Second round, if you don't give that round to Matt... I don't know what you're doing. There was no doubt who won that round.

"[3rd Round] nobody is fighting with a sense of urgency! Nobody is fighting like they want to f------ win. Are you on summer vacation right now did you come here to win this show, become the ultimate fighter, make it into the UFC, and become champion someday? Why did you come here? This isn't f------ summer camp!"

If White was unimpressed with the fight, the judging was worse.

"That is f------ beyond comprehension. The judges handed me the piece of paper and I was like, you have to be f------ kidding me," said White. "If that doesn’t keep somebody from judging ever again, nothing should.  I had a hard time walking up there and reading the scores. Even the blue team is pissed about the outcome of this fight.

"The Nevada State Athletic Commission should be embarrassed."

Read entire article...

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

tags: UFC   TUF   Michael Hill   Matt Secor   Dana White   NSAC

Card site profile image

10/30/12 1:44 PM by Card

Yeah Secor did nothing in the 3rd round other than the body triangle... Mike was at least trying, landed a couple punches and showed some agression.

Foos site profile image

10/29/12 2:30 PM by Foos

We also should be blaming the TUF format for the shitty fights, along with the fighters. TUF has notoriously produced shitty fights, then we see these guys with full camps performing much better come Fight Night time.These guys are basically stuck in the biggest pressure cooker of their lives, with no way to unwind. There's no TV, radio, computers, or books. So these guys are just left with their thoughts to drain them before the biggest fights of their lives.No wonder TUF has produced less then stellar fights season after season.The TUF format needs to change. Either go to a bellator style tournament for prospects, or give these guys in the house some way to relax and blow off some steam before their fights.

UGCTT_Winnson site profile image

10/29/12 2:28 PM by UGCTT_Winnson

Said no one ever.

Foos site profile image

10/29/12 2:25 PM by Foos

Mike Hill definiately snuck away with the win, but it wasn't the worst decision I've ever seen.Early in the third round, Mike lands a spinning back fist, then Secor takes him down, puts the body triangle on, and does absolutely nothing. He doesn't even look like he's fighting for the RNC.I think Mike stole the round right at the end, landing 3 or 4 big punches with Secor glued to his back.Secor only has himself to blame for this loss. If secor would have thrown even just half a dozen rabbit punches, he would have secured the round.

Megatherium site profile image

10/29/12 2:03 AM by Megatherium

Realistically, aren't these guys barely two or three fights into their professional careers that are still going on this show for the most part. I think people are deluding themselves if they are expecting anything resembling UFC caliber fights or that level of competition on this show. Okay, you've still got Dana, and he's an entertaining reality tv personality at this point that maybe is worth tuning in to watch do his BLAF shtick for a laugh occasionally, but the piss poor reward for winning this competition discourages any decent talent that may have considered going on the show in the past. Their are too many better options/easier, more lucrative pathways into the UFC for a legitimate talent than degrading yourself via the reality tv route.There is no real reason to get worked up about a nothing fight between two novice professionals on a bad reality show that no one watches anymore that I can see.

Krs10KO.com site profile image

10/29/12 12:46 AM by Krs10KO.com

I just finished watching. Terrible decision but This whole season has had really bad judging. Worse than usual.

Bucephalus site profile image

10/29/12 12:32 AM by Bucephalus

I think the biggest problem is judging criteria. It could be argued that Hill barely won rounds 1 and 3.. making him the technical winner of the fight. But the fact that Secor dominated round 2 more than he was outpointed in rounds 1 and 3 makes him the common sense winner. Bottom line.. there need to be a scores that are in between a 10-9 and 10-8.. either 1/2 points or even 1/3 points.

zebers3 site profile image

10/28/12 9:58 PM by zebers3

As terrible as this decision was, I'm glad that Secor lost because that guy is an idiot and I don't want to see him fight ever again. Not that Hill was any better but (douchiness aside) he seems like a decent dude, and at least if he gets paired up with a striker later there's still a chance we could see a fight. That wouldn't happen if Secor went on.

themmaexpert site profile image

10/28/12 7:11 PM by themmaexpert

3rd round: I believe Sector had full mount initially , then Hill gave up his back.That's dominate position nomatter how you look at it, it's not some guy pulling guard and throwing shit sub attempts.I was routing for Sector btw.

Thacommish site profile image

10/28/12 6:43 PM by Thacommish

The saddest part about this shitty attempt to justify such a shit decision is its probably all the judges had to say to keith to avoid any sort of punishment, hell id be suprised if they even had to explain themselves.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!