GSP: If I beat Condit, I don't know yet about Anderson Silva

by Marc Raimondi | source: nypost.com

GSP says it bothers him that people keep talking about a potential fight between him and pound-for-pound king Anderson Silva. Silva’s camp has repeatedly harped on that fight sometime next year and UFC president Dana White said it is a real possibility if St-Pierre beats Condit.

“I hate that,” St-Pierre said. “They talk to me about the next fight and I’m not there. Like I’m supposed to win easy, like it’s a joke. Carlos Condit is a dangerous guy. I always respect my opponent. My life is on the line.”

“Name the top guy and they’ve said they want to fight me. They want to make the money. It’s normal. I understand why they want to fight me.”

As for fighting Silva, St-Pierre said it “depends on the time.”

“I don’t know,” he said. “I haven’t thought about it. I know he’s a big guy. I have to sit down and analyze it.”

Read entire article...

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

UGSlapshot site profile image

10/30/12 3:41 AM by UGSlapshot

Silva does not need to fight GSP, that's just silly.

SinCityHustler site profile image

10/30/12 3:25 AM by SinCityHustler

Not so sure about that.  GSP's wins over Penn and Serra are a huge part of his legacy.  Those may be his two biggest wins.

BoilerBrawnByBeatdown site profile image

10/30/12 3:02 AM by BoilerBrawnByBeatdown

but GSP asking Anderson to fight Jones is relevant? GSP and Anderson were actually going to fight if Anderson beat Maia, but Andy acted a fool and Uncle Fester scrapped it. you dumb faggot.

burner22 site profile image

10/30/12 2:53 AM by burner22

Orcus bringing the truth to this thread. Size would not be the defining factor in this fight. If gsp comes out and dominates condit, I would say he will be under enormous pressure to take the fight

Nonlinear site profile image

10/30/12 1:21 AM by Nonlinear

wtf is Nick Diaz's name doing in this thread?  He fought eight months ago right before he QUIT MMA ON LIVE PPV.

Bick Koxer site profile image

10/30/12 1:09 AM by Bick Koxer

Lol that is completely irrelevant, cockbreath.

UGCTT_Winnson site profile image

10/28/12 3:44 PM by UGCTT_Winnson

^this man does not only do awesome gifs, videos and shops - he also speaks a lot of truth.   TTT

lookoutawhale site profile image

10/28/12 3:38 PM by lookoutawhale

GSP should just say no to the Anderson fight. You can tell hes doesnt want to do it but his fighter pride isnt letting him back down. Say no and let that be that and then Anderson would have to fight someone in his division instead of waiting for a lower weight class guy. Ususally the smaller weight class guy wants to challenge the higher weight class guy to test him self. Not the other way around. If GSP knocks out Condit and then says he doesnt want to fight Nick Diaz but instead will wait on the sidelines for Ben Henderson or Frankie Edgar be kind of messed up.

UGCTT_Winnson site profile image

10/28/12 3:34 PM by UGCTT_Winnson

If you can't make the weight, you're not cementing your legacy going after that fight.   Getting a guy to move up in weight to fight you because you're the best is nonsense.

crumbs site profile image

10/28/12 3:28 PM by crumbs

Poor GSP, Everyone shitting on him for talking about a fight with Anderson, the same way Anderson talks about a fight with Jones.I'd like to see Silva fight both GSP and jones, catch weights. In that order. GSP will surely cave eventually, if someone has to break Silvas win streak in the UFC, I'd rather GSP do it , then the "unworthy one, but has the skills" Jones.