Rampage: Anyone not a bigot knows I beat Forrest

source: middleeasy

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has one fight left in his UFC contract, and wants to leave the league there after. He is currently campaigning for a final match up with someone he considers an exciting fighter, rather than a "boring ass" wrestler, like Ryan Bader, Phil Davis or Chael Sonnen.

One fighter in his exciting column in Forrest Griffin, who he lost to via unanimous decision in an unsuccessful title defense at UFC 86, back in 2008.

"I got hurt, I couldn't fight Glover (Teixeira)," said Rampage of a recent potential match up. "I didn't want to wait that long. Forrest's opponent (Chael Sonnen) pulled out. Why not just go fight Forrest? I don't care. I'll fight Forrest and I'll still fight Glover later. Everyone knows I've been gunning for Forrest, because anyone who knows MMA, anyone who's got a true heart, a real heart, and not a bigot, they know I won that fight.

"That's real talk."

Rampage also expressed mixed, perhaps even mixed up feelings about the UFC. He says the only thing that will make him happy is leaving the UFC, but also describes them as a 'great organization'.

"What would make you happy?" Rampage was asked.

"Leaving the UFC would make me happy," he replied emphatically. "I don't think there's anything they can do to fix that."

"I'm not upset with them," he continued. "The UFC is a great organization. They've done a lot of good, positive things for the sport. It's mainstream now. I can't walk anywhere without people wanting a picture or attention or talking. That's good, that's what people like.

"Honestly, I wish I could've been compensated a little more for the privacy that I gave up. People don't understand that. I traded my privacy and my kids' privacy and everything for the living I'm making now, which is, I could say I'm probably as popular as football players or basketball players these days (who are) making millions."

Tatami The Thinker Jiu-Jitsu Monkey Tee

Tatami The Thinker Jiu-Jitsu Monkey Tee

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

tags: Forrest Griffin (detail)  Rampage   Quinton Jackson (detail)  UFC      video

Immaculata site profile image

11/7/12 6:49 PM by Immaculata

Sad to hear Rampage say these things, I'm a fan of his. No way he won that fight.

12SixElbow site profile image

11/7/12 4:42 PM by 12SixElbow

Fight metric has it listed at 1 KD, I am unsure which round... and I don't recall the fight well enough. Either way, leg kicks aside Griffin landed more hits to the head.

dahosse site profile image

11/7/12 1:28 PM by dahosse

I was hoping somebody would dig this up.Stupid facts, always getting in the way :p

Chomas site profile image

11/7/12 1:22 PM by Chomas

He did beat Forrest ill give him that.

ranier wolfcastle site profile image

11/7/12 12:24 PM by ranier wolfcastle

heres the whole fight around 46:40 rampage says he got his ass wooped little pre-fight prediction by rampage here too

Herring In A Fur Coat site profile image

11/7/12 9:43 AM by Herring In A Fur Coat

Probably would have been a rematch if not for Rampage's energy drink incident.

ortoPsy site profile image

11/7/12 9:39 AM by ortoPsy

rampage is a cool guy but he's mentally weak. he thinks talking like chael sonnen is gonna make people believe his bullshit. he should fuck off to invicta.. even then he'll bitch about how their cups are too big for his manhood

Big Pun site profile image

11/7/12 9:23 AM by Big Pun

The race card? Coming from Rampage it really isn't suprising.

nick diaz nut hugger site profile image

11/7/12 9:18 AM by nick diaz nut hugger

Does anyone really care? Neither seemingly has the tools to threaten Bones

Fedors Jim Jams site profile image

11/7/12 8:45 AM by Fedors Jim Jams

yes however a lot of those strikes were leg kicks with not much on them and rampage had 2 knockdowns. im not saying he won, just countering your point. was a really close fight. i don't know why a rematch hasn't happened. griffin and ortiz fought 3 times... noone even wanted to watch a rematch let alone a 3rd fight. while the rampage griffen fight is still widely debated, years after.