Rampage, more react to Herman's drug test

source: fighthubtv.com

Rampage Jackson: "Honestly I don't think a person who tests positive for marijuana should be penalized in an athletic sport, because he's already penalizing himself by taking the marijuana. It don't enhance your performance. It kind of dulls it, in my opinion. I don't know, I've never even trained [on] marijuana before. You know what I'm saying? I feel like marijuana is an herb, and it's from the earth, and as long as it's in its natural, I don't see nothing wrong with it. As long as you don't abuse it. That's my opinion, as long as you don't abuse it.

"If a fighter or athlete tests positive for marijuana, he already messing up his game. So don't penalize him."

Ed Soares: "I don't have any thoughts. That's unfortunate for him. I don't see how marijuana is an enhancing drug."

Travis Browne: "Whether [marijuana] is a performance enhancing drug or not, it's not socially acceptable. The mom and pops still aren't cool with it. And us, as athletes, have a responsibility to take this sport to the next level. When you have guys doing that, it kind of blows it for us."

Eddie Alvarez: "What's that, a recreational drug? It's all drugs. To each his own. Some people smoke weed. Some people do steroids. Some people drink alcohol. Who are we to judge, man?"

Tyrone Spong: "No, no. I'm from Amsterdam. So, next question."

transcription by MMAFighting.com...

Affliction Horror Business Shirt

Affliction Horror Business Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Brian Rule site profile image

11/7/12 2:31 AM by Brian Rule

LMAO @ "The mom and pops"Good responses from those in the quote except for Browne, and maybe Alavarez, as weed is substantially different than steroids IMHO

Neil McCauley site profile image

11/7/12 2:27 AM by Neil McCauley

rampages head turn glaucoma was fucking hilarious

Neil McCauley site profile image

11/7/12 2:27 AM by Neil McCauley

rampages head turn glaucoma was fucking hilarious

Papi Chingon site profile image

11/7/12 2:11 AM by Papi Chingon

eddie alvarez has some crazy eddie munster style eyebrows.

Joe_Drogan420 site profile image

11/7/12 2:04 AM by Joe_Drogan420

wth?this was already posted, why post it again in a blog?is it the UG's work?wtf is going on here?

Argo site profile image

11/7/12 2:02 AM by Argo

Weed is illegal. Those found with it in their system should be handed over to the DEA and forced to give up their suppliers. Then those suppliers can get arrested and save some kids at the local school playground from a lifetime of drug dependency and tattoo addiction..

OSBtro11 site profile image

11/6/12 2:25 PM by OSBtro11

LOL oh that's cute Travis " my mommy and daddy don't like it"

ArthurKnoqOut site profile image

11/6/12 1:57 PM by ArthurKnoqOut

QFT and VTFU I don't want to fighter bash out of respect and the supposed forum rules but wtf is HE smoking? They should NOT test for it like HexRei just said so it wouldn't be a problem BUT REGARDLESS, do you think that your "average mom and pop" have a problem with the sport because of WEED?! Those people aren't remotely close enough for know that fighters ever get TESTED FOR IT....jeez

Outlaw'd by Lytle site profile image

11/6/12 1:57 PM by Outlaw'd by Lytle

Quit banning fighters for weed. Rampage had it spot on.Roids are a different matter IMO.

HexRei site profile image

11/6/12 1:46 PM by HexRei

Agreed. And not only that, but if they stopped testing for weed an announcing the results, it would be part of herman's private life and the world would never see it to have it "blown" for everyone else.