Invicta President calls out shady managers

source: facebook

Invicta FC President Shannon Knapp took to Facebook with an important message for the female fighters in MMA.

*** Attention Female Athletes ***

It has come to my attention AGAIN that there are still issues with Fight Managers out there that are saying that the only way female athletes will fight for Invicta FC is if the athlete signs with them and that these Fight Managers have the “in with Invicta FC” or they can have an at
hlete blackballed from our promotion.

YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND…THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE!!!

Please note…just because a Fight Manager has a lot of female athletes signed with Invicta FC doesn’t make them the “it guy” or the best Fight Manager, or the only Manager we prefer to deal with.

I will REPEAT this LOUDLY and CLEARLY so hopefully all female athletes, pro, and especially amateur female athletes, understand Invicta FC plays NO favorites to any Managers or Management Company and we NEVER will!

Female athletes are signed on their ability alone! If you want a contract with Invicta FC keep winning, fighting hard and you will get that contract!

The Manager works for you! It is your talent and ability alone that will get you a contract with Invicta FC. If you feel that you are being bullied or a Manager is making any of these claims in trying to sign you to their Management Company contracts please notify me personally.

I WILL NOT TOLERATE FEMALE ATHLETES BEING BULLIED, OR MANAGERS MISREPRESENTING THEMSELVES, OR THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH INVICTA FC TO SIGN FEMALE ATHLETES TO THEIR MANAGEMENT CONTRACTS.

Please help to pass this information along so hopefully it will reach all the female athletes.

sknapp@invictafc.com

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

tags: Invicta FC   Shannon Knapp

Lord Kancho site profile image

11/25/12 1:08 PM by Lord Kancho

This thread is something special.1. Cindy O is as detestable as ever.2. Dana should be forced to read this to see how a high-quality person interacts with people.3. That post by Addison sounds like very carefully worded horse shit. I would love to know what they mean by, "We are at the point in our roster now that we cannot be beneficial to them in giving them the quality of representaion they deserve."4. Knapps is the winner of this thread.

Ryann Von Doom site profile image

11/25/12 1:09 AM by Ryann Von Doom

bumping for the ownage displayed here.

MMAFAN167 site profile image

11/7/12 9:26 PM by MMAFAN167

This^^^

RyannVonDooDoo site profile image

11/7/12 9:05 PM by RyannVonDooDoo

That chipper shit is boring man. lol =)

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up site profile image

11/7/12 8:40 PM by UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

"I don't dwell in the past; I don't need to hang somone for things they have done in the past...."       He says while derailing the WHOLE thread about a completely different and VERY positive topic....   SMH

blaster0321 site profile image

11/7/12 8:22 PM by blaster0321

There is none, it's simply a fact in what has allready been pointed out. I saw the writing on the wall years ago. I built what I have from the ground up and understand the contracts and sponsorship on the levels that is spoken of above. All of the 24 female clients that we represent will support that I err on the side of being fair. I honestly don't know where this person is coming from other than to get some attention or a "hater" but be that as it may. We still get numbers of females athletes that want management every week. We are at the point in our roster now that we cannot be beneficial to them in giving them the quality of representaion they deserve. Given that we do specialize in female representation, it is to be expected that ASMM will be of the ones considered in Ms. Knapps warning. I know how we treat our clients as do they. We really don't have to resort to "bullying" anybody into doing anything. I have talked with females most recently that have been doing exactly what is mentioned in researching managers. My responsoe to them if they choose alternate management is: "I encourage you to do what makes you feel comfortable, if it isn't what you are happy with then we'll still be here. We're not going anywhere." I stand very firm on our statements of conduct and it is enforced within the company. Our roster contains a number of top 10 ranked woman in most all weight classes. Invicta is the elite woman's MMA organization. Again because we have talented athletes on our roster means that we're favored? No, we have a resource of elite athltes that exceed other the number of elite woman in other management companies. I mean it's really not that difficult in it's concept but more predictable in ones behavior in terms of what direction they're going to look to start pointing fingers. It is what it is and just part of the industry as a whole on all levels and not only in WMMA>

LilBrockonmychest site profile image

11/7/12 8:00 PM by LilBrockonmychest

No offense but actually, what CindyO is doing is pretty much the definition of welching.  She made a claim, was questioned, and a bet was made.  Below is her post.  Since the bet, she won't acknowledge either of the people she made bets with and refuses to pay up.  As you can see, below, she is/was wrong.  Even you stated on this thread there is no evidence of $200K+ "trying to get on at the same time."  Now, I'm not saying it's her fault she was wrong and many times, it's been stated that all she has to do is come on the thread and admit she was wrong.  She will not do that, even after months.  Making a bet and refusing to pay is welching. Great job what you're doing by the way.  This stream number has been blown into a huge ordeal and the biggest issue has been from people like Cindy and it's the reason it has continued.  Her stopping by the thread and saying "my bad I was misinformed" would have put an end to it long ago.   From:CindyO -4 Posted: 8/2/12 1:19 AM 1) 1st show had 230k+ viewers, as stated by Invicta 2) 2nd show had numbers of 200k trying to get on at the same time, as stated via Twitter by the president during the stream 3) 2nd show's numbers exceed the 1st, as stated by the president in her interview with Crooklyn ... so folks will know they can trust news about future events put on by this organization. Bunch of folks claiming they're lying therefore I'd love to see them proven wrong:) Haole, I'll follow up with you in a day or two, okie dokie? Cindy

RyannVonDooDoo site profile image

11/7/12 7:20 PM by RyannVonDooDoo

Still want dirt! :D

PrettyBoy site profile image

11/7/12 7:17 PM by PrettyBoy

I really don't know how we are speaking past each other... I'm making pretty general points but whatever brah.

Fernando Alonso site profile image

11/7/12 7:14 PM by Fernando Alonso

He already posted in this thread.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!