UFC on FOX 6 full main card revealed, and it's awesome

source: The Underground Blog

There had been rumblings that FOX was not entirely happy with the quality of the cards they had received following the JDS vs. Cain Velasquez world heavyweight title debut.

Thst has being put to rest by the unveiling of one of the most stacked cards the UFC has ever given away on free TV.

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson defends his title against TUF 14 winner John Dodson, in what may be the fastest fight in UFC history.

In the co-main, lightweight arch rivals Donald Cerrone and Anthony Pettis fight for what may be the #1contender position.

Lightweights Matt Wiman and T.J. Grant are both coming off spectacular wins. Grant won FOTY at UFC 152, while Wiman submitted submission machine Paul Sass at UFC On FUEL TV 5.

Quinton Jackson was dimissive of potential fights with several "boring ass" wrestlers and instead asked to fight Glover Teixeira in what may be Rampage's last fight with the UFC. Whatever happens, it is guaranteed he will go out with a bang.

Hioki is the former Shooto and Sengoku featherweight titles in his native Japan, and has gone 2-1 in the UFC, most recently losing a decision to Ricardo Lamas. Guida is dropping to featherweight after going 4-2 at lightweight, with wins over Anthony Pettis and Takanori Gomi, but most recently losses to Benson Henderson and Gray Maynard.

Shawn Jordan and Mike Russow will both be looking for redemption, as both are coming off losses. Jordan was on the worse end of an unspired decision match to Cheick Kongo at UFC 149, and Russow won eleven in a row, before losing to Fabricio Werdum at UFC 147.

This great free card, which includes a world title fight, as well as the Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping headliner of UFC on FX 6 demonstrates that the UFC is committed to putting great, great fights on free TV in 2013.

UFC on FOX 6
January 26, 2012
United Center
Chicago, Illinois
Broadcast: FOX

Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson (UFC Flyweight Championship bout)
Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis
Glover Teixeira vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson
T.J. Grant vs. Matt Wiman
Clay Guida vs. Hatsu Hioki
Mike Russow vs. Shawn Jordan
Erik Koch vs. Ricardo Lamas

Expect a stacked prelim card to be revealed in the coming weeks.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Rashad Evans Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Rashad Evans Action Figure

tags: UFC on FOX 6

JBASS site profile image

11/9/12 1:02 AM by JBASS

Well said! I wasn't too excited when they announced Mir vs. Lesnar for UFC 100, but I still bought the event for all the great fights that were on the card. I just went outside, had a beer and washed my car whilst everyone watched the main event inside the house :)

JBASS site profile image

11/9/12 12:36 AM by JBASS

Interesting that you drew the parallel to music, because I draw a parallel with it too in my own head. This is the way I would correlate music and MMA:The sport of MMA = a genre of musicFighters/fight = a bandAn event = a festivalJust because every band/fighter on the bill of the event/festival may not be your favourite does not mean that you wouldn't watch them. I'm not swayed by either Dodson or MM (that is either Mighty Mouse or Marilyn Manson, depending on how you look at it hahaha), but I would still watch every single one of them perform - music or MMA. Personally, I can't see why weight classes affect people and whether they want to buy or go to an event. At the end of the day, they are all fights - and fights is what I want to watch :)

FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite site profile image

11/8/12 9:56 PM by FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite

I wonder if Dodson will dunk in the main event.....

legkicktothehead site profile image

11/8/12 9:54 PM by legkicktothehead

LOL yeah, because Dodson spazzing out , bouncing around, and point fighting makes him so 'athletic"Let me guess, he's "athletic" to you because he's black

chaplinshouse site profile image

11/8/12 8:50 PM by chaplinshouse

now dana doesn't have to worry about the whole thing going in the shitter if someone gets hurt.

saucylv33 site profile image

11/8/12 8:27 PM by saucylv33

Don't put stacked in an image search on Yahoo. Yeesh!

ssj site profile image

11/8/12 8:19 PM by ssj

Who tells people to tell other people to tell other people this is stacked?A 4x Bacon Quadanator, that is STACKED my frens

stonepony site profile image

11/8/12 7:27 PM by stonepony

Dodson is f'n annoying. But, he got a KO in his last fight... Those little guys never KO anybody. If they want the small divisions to be successful, they have to showcase the few fighters who can put somebody down like that. Obnoxious or not, the guy is amazingly athletic.

legkicktothehead site profile image

11/8/12 7:24 PM by legkicktothehead

No, you are right lolIve been a little thick!It is a good card, minus that one terrible fight IMO lolI will watch for the other fights, but then when that fight comes, I'll probably take a break and go out for 30 minutes etc

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up site profile image

11/8/12 7:21 PM by UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

^^^^^ So then just leave, or turn off your tv before that one starts....I just don't see how you are not interested in the card unless a fight is taken away from it. Makes no sense. Whatev.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!