UFC 154 already at $3.1 million live gate

by Dann Stupp | source: mmajunkie.com

"We're still a week and a half out," White said today during a UFC 154 media call. "I heard rumblings about this gate not doing well and Georges St-Pierre not selling out (the event). We're at $3.1 million right now.

"I wouldn't say the gate sucks. The biggest gate you can do there is $4 million, which is what we did last time with Georges St-Pierre."

That event, UFC 124, saw St-Pierre shut out Josh Koscheck in the main event. The event drew 23,152 attendees for a $4.6 million gate, according to UFC officials. Tickets for the December 2010 blockbuster ranged from $75 to $600. For UFC 154, they were priced from approximately $90 to $625, which given the current economic climate, White admits may have been a tad high.

"Yeah, maybe we did overprice this one a bit much, but times are tough out there," he said. "We'll see what happens. As we get closer to the event, we'll see how it goes. But the gate, it's one of the top gates of the year with $3.1 million."

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Affliction GSP Team St. Pierre Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

ntreb23 site profile image

11/7/12 11:44 PM by ntreb23

names

ntreb23 site profile image

11/7/12 11:43 PM by ntreb23

Can't believe it's not sold out already to be honest. Has some decent names on it, especially for Montreal fans. Some big Canadian names like Stout, Hominick, Cote, Gsp. Plus a lot of other pretty big names on the card like Matt Riddle, Kampmann, Hendricks, Condit, and Philippou who will probably KO that gay guy from TUF. I wish I still lived in Montreal, I would get some cheap tickets in a heartbeat.

FCFBlazer site profile image

11/7/12 9:30 PM by FCFBlazer

Over saturation

MMALOGIC site profile image

11/7/12 8:01 PM by MMALOGIC

the primetime show will sell even more tickets.

Warzone209 site profile image

11/7/12 7:19 PM by Warzone209

Thats actually good for how watered down this card is.

demonsurge site profile image

11/7/12 7:07 PM by demonsurge

Either way I am thankful its here. I actually turned down my work's box seats as I will probably be buying a couple friends tickets for xmas since they are hurting.People will bitch and cry about anything, I am looking forward to this event!

demonsurge site profile image

11/7/12 7:01 PM by demonsurge

Lots of tickets left. Scalpers are starting to sell tickets slightly under ticket value, last year you could get $600 tickets for $375 the day of the event.I'll be going, most of my MMA friends wont be. The problem is GSP hasnt fought in so long and people havent been talking about him, once he is a couple fights in and people see more of him I am sure it will turn around.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!