Condit wants Anderson Silva next

by Ariel Helwani | source: mmafighting.com

Watch above as Carlos Condit talks about his UFC undisputed welterweight title fight against Georges St-Pierre at UFC 154, playing the role of spoiler, how Montreal has treated him, his approach to this fight, his thoughts on Anderson Silva attending the fight, and not having his long-time coach Greg Jackson in his corner.

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

tags: Carlos Condit (detail)  Anderson Silva (detail)  UFC 154   video

DaemonDragon site profile image

11/17/12 3:05 AM by DaemonDragon

I was more bemused than 'butthurt'.

SickEyeDiaz site profile image

11/17/12 2:36 AM by SickEyeDiaz

^^^ I agree with your points but...Don't get all butthurt about a votedown...happens all the time.

DaemonDragon site profile image

11/17/12 2:17 AM by DaemonDragon

Hah, I just got voted down. I can only presume it was for this post above. To my knowledge that's the first time I've been voted down since the system became transparent.I would think that if someone was going to vote you down, they'd at least have something to say in response to your post, so that you can have some sort of conversation. Oh well.

DaemonDragon site profile image

11/17/12 1:25 AM by DaemonDragon

Didn't the UG blog used to have a gazillion vote downs? How did they get to only -9? Did they reset the counter or something? I recall it being in the hundreds before.VTFU. So true. GSP has always been with Tri-Star in Montreal and Team Renzo in New York.His affiliation with Jackson's was mostly for the sparring partners. GSP almost never went to New Mexico. He used Jackson fighters for access to sparring partners (e.g. Nate, Rashad), and Jackson was his cornerman and worked with them a bit on pre-fight strategy, but that's about it.Jackson tries very hard to paint the perception of his affiliation with GSP to be much stronger than it is. But Firaz is GSP's real coach, and GSP probably interacts with even Renzo and Renzo's coaches (especially Renzo's BJJ coach, who is very renowned) more than Greg.Jackson's is a good place to train, but Greg himself is pretty hypocritical. He tries to portray the team as family, but has little loyalty to the guys who made him famous - everyone knows the Diego situation, and it was Diego's success that led to Greg being well-known. Yet Greg dumped him for GSP like nothing. There was also the Rashad situation. And now Greg pretending like GSP is as much his fighter as Condit is. Jackson is certainly a good coach but his ethics are questionable.

SickEyeDiaz site profile image

11/17/12 12:56 AM by SickEyeDiaz

For someone who goes on and on about LOGIC...you sure seem to ignore it.

SickEyeDiaz site profile image

11/17/12 12:50 AM by SickEyeDiaz

LOL....so he fought (nothing but) top 30 (at best) LW's between his UFC stints...LOLdelusional

SickEyeDiaz site profile image

11/17/12 12:47 AM by SickEyeDiaz

translated: I'm glad Nick is currently in the UFC and I love watching him fight, but I have an issue with HOW he made it back into the UFC...

Immaculata site profile image

11/17/12 12:07 AM by Immaculata

This is really getting out of hand.

LilBrockonmychest site profile image

11/17/12 12:06 AM by LilBrockonmychest

You're getting warmer.  Yes, if Nick wants to be considered one of the best WW's in the world, he should have been refusing fights with top 30 level LW's at WW.  In fact, he never should have been in the same organization as them and he could have been competing against Kos, Fitch, Alves, etc.. the past 5 years.  As I stated yesterday, Rory, Kampmann, Hendricks, GSP, or any other top WW could have left the UFC to fight the lower level small guys but chose not to.  They wanted to fight the best.  I'm glad Nick is now in the UFC and I'm curious to see how he does the next few years.  I wish he wasn't suspended right now.  In fact, with the fine he got, I think he's served enough of a punishment for having only mj metabolites in his system.  I wish they'd let him come back for the NYE or SB weekend card.  Unfortunately, with the way he keeps battling the NSAC and the moron Cesar publically insulting the head of the commission I don't see that happening.

SickEyeDiaz site profile image

11/16/12 11:51 PM by SickEyeDiaz

This goes back to the argument I made yesterday...Nick is apparently supposed to refuse any opponent who isn't a LARGE WW? Those guys you mentioned all fought Nick at AN AGREED UPON WEIGHT. And I might add that both parties made said weight. What's the problem? WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?Those opponents aren't good enough because YOU think that they belonged in a lower weight class?