Royce Gracie twitter account hacked, Shane Carwin attack not his

source: twitter

To call Royce Gracie a pillar of mixed martial arts, would be an understatement. Nineteen years after sweeping UFC 1 with ease, Gracie still has a fight or two left, and travels the world teaching jiu-jitsu. He is an icon of positivity in a world that easily slips in bickering.

Thus it was all surprising in the extreme to see him take to twitter and make an entirely unsubstantiated swipe at Shane Carwin, after he was forced to pull out of the TUF finale fight with Roy Nelson.

So much for the claims @roynelsonmma was trying to get out of the fight with @shanecarwin guess that random test f----- up the cycle and "blew out the knee"

However, Gracie later reported that his Twitter account had been hacked, and that he was not the source of the tweet.

Guys yesterday I am being told that I tweeted something about @shanecarwin that was negative. I never tweeted anything about the man I don't know him or anything about him. I am being told that someone has taken over. my account. I changed the password hope this doesn't happen again.

Read entire Twitter...

Carwin is among the most tested athletes in mixed martial arts, and has never tested positive for PEDs, including a test randomely administered a week ago. Long before Carwin entered the UFC, his name was on the customer list of a PED distribution ring that was taken down by authorities. However, as Carwin's manager explained, they were received from a physician under false pretenses.

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Gracie II Fighter Shirt

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Gracie II Fighter Shirt

GayGuardMooseSaucy site profile image

11/16/12 2:11 PM by GayGuardMooseSaucy

Wait if his account was hacked. That wasn't him stating he never tested positive or paid a fine?

abi site profile image

11/16/12 12:40 PM by abi

lol wasn't his account hacked?? haha

NickLaney site profile image

11/16/12 12:32 PM by NickLaney

Are you saying Royce or Shane tested positive? Royce did test "positive" but as superCalo pointed out above there was a lot of controversy surrounding the commission.... Personally I dont see Royce taking anything, he doesnt even drink alcohol and I've seen him order food from a restaurant and have them change the entire dish to suit the Gracie diet, its extremely rare that he will ever eat a meal that does not comply with the diet.. Shane has never failed a drug test IIRC but was implicated in the steroid scandal...

NickLaney site profile image

11/16/12 12:19 PM by NickLaney

Brendan Schaub if youre talking about the tallest guy in the middle

iamarealamerican site profile image

11/16/12 12:07 PM by iamarealamerican

lol, royce is a closet tuf fan, hes just using the old 'my account was hacked' to play his tweet off

Jasonbaldy site profile image

11/16/12 11:37 AM by Jasonbaldy

I hate to hear that Shane or any other fighter is injured. I also don't think Royce should comment since he faced similar scrutiny after positive test. That being said, because Shane posts here, everyone rides to his defense; however, he has tested positive in the past. As tough as Shane is, he doesn't need any PEDs.

MattyECB site profile image

11/16/12 11:08 AM by MattyECB

If theres one thing I've learned in life and love, particularly the latter -- Honesty is NEVER the best policy... never

BobD site profile image

11/16/12 1:08 AM by BobD

For what it's worth, Roy Nelson and Royce Gracie have the same manager... and managers generally have access to their clients social media accounts.

jaytrainwreck site profile image

11/15/12 11:02 PM by jaytrainwreck

And your still wrong...Royce by RNC

Sugar Dick site profile image

11/15/12 9:19 PM by Sugar Dick

If he was hacked, then sorry Royce, please forgive us for being mad at you for it- but I still think Mike Tyson would have knocked you the fuck out if he entered UFC1. If you were not hacked and you're just covering up then you're a douche-and I still think Mike Tyson would have knocked you the fuck out if he entered UFC1