Carmont earns controversial decision win over Lawlor

source: mmafighting.com

Francis Carmont added to his win streak in controversial fashion.

The Frenchman made it nine straight wins after being handed a split-decision over Tom Lawlor at UFC 154. Two judges scored it for him 29-28 while Lawlor earned one 29-28 score as well.

Many fans in the Bell Centre booed the decision even though Carmont lives and trains in Montreal.

Tom "Filthy" Lawlor Vs. Francis Carmont
Fight was scheduled for 3 rounds (5x5x5)
Name Tom Lawlor <a href=Tom Lawlor" />
Height 6′ 0″ (182.88 cm)
Weight 205 (92.99 kg)
Record 8-4-0
Team The Jungle
VS
Name Francis Carmont No Headshot Available
Height 6′ 3″ (190.5 cm)
Weight 185 (83.91 kg)
Record 16-7-0
Team
Francis Carmont defeated Tom Lawlor by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Splatter Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Splatter Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

The Elastic Assassin site profile image

11/22/12 11:30 AM by The Elastic Assassin

octogon control....agression.....and only one person in that fight was close to finishing the fight......lawlor won that fight...

Driscoll site profile image

11/18/12 10:11 PM by Driscoll

You're dumb, but I find it funny when you say dumb things. So I like you.

French Fries Malone site profile image

11/18/12 3:54 PM by French Fries Malone

That was a close fight. Lawlor maybe should have the w and I was betting in carmont

crumbs site profile image

11/18/12 2:33 PM by crumbs

If you were to give that fight to someone based on points, then yes, Lawlor would squeek one out.But he couldnt do shit with Carmont,more half the fight was Fence cuddling, should fighters fair poorer on the score cards, for not being able to adjust there obviously failed game plan? Carmont as well, he didnt do shit either, two fighters that didnt want to change there game plans, and coasted to the final bell. was lawlor more aggressive? what does that even mean now a days in mma, is holding a guy against to cage for extended periods of times aggressive? or counter aggressive. all i know is despite what Rogan was trying to sell us, that fight was boring as fuck.

Acidic site profile image

11/18/12 1:51 PM by Acidic

I guess in Canada   Legs kick > Aggression, control, punches, takedowns and etc

MattyECB site profile image

11/18/12 12:34 PM by MattyECB

But Reynardo, just saying it was even so you scored it a draw is a cop-out! It's ten point must and you have to follow ten-point must -- I liked Pride to and I know it never dies and all, but it's Boxing judging nowYou can't just look back and tally up two sub attempts in different rounds against overall striking lol So for you -- which round did you give Carmont 10-9, which round Lawlor 10-9,and which round 10-10?... Or did you give all three rounds 10-10 which I'd seriously disagree with.Not trying to be facetious and sorry if I'm post raping this thread, kinda hyper rt now off caffeine lol, but I'm actually curious how you tallied the fight...I saw it drunk and yesterday, so I might be remembering with rose-tinted glasses

6ULDV8 site profile image

11/18/12 12:32 PM by 6ULDV8

Lawlor dominated that whole fight and shut Carmont down.  That was a horrible call.   Pop quiz:  who were the judges and what were their scores?

MattyECB site profile image

11/18/12 12:25 PM by MattyECB

I think what pisses me off more than them ignoring any changes to judging criterion is the inconsistency. I supported Couture's win over Vera, to give one example, even though Couture was less exciting on the grounds of octagon control and positional dominanceThe criteria change to officially make defense null in points and activity/near submissions, even if you purposely give up positional control, a positive in points should only further support Lawlor's merit to get the decision.

MattyECB site profile image

11/18/12 12:21 PM by MattyECB

You're a bit of moran or too angry at the fight in general if you didn't think the ref was overzealousI'm sorry but when I was getting pissed I mississippi'd (lol) some of the warnings...He warned Carmont to get busy or he'd stand them up w/in 1 and a half seconds of Carmont getting top position. He was justified in some of the clinch seperations, but to be constantly nattering in fighters ears like that is fucking idiotic

MattyECB site profile image

11/18/12 12:12 PM by MattyECB

Iunno man, soccer when the announcers are brits, NHL when I'm watching a TO feed Vs. a Sens feed Vs. a US feed... Same with boxing in a lot of cases and well, in most sports you're often hard pressed to find a perfectly biased announcer. I don't mind it as long as it's not heinous, and besides this fight, I thought Rogan was good today

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear