Jackson didn't and won't watch GSP vs. Condit

source: mmamania.com

Appearing on today's' (Nov. 19, 2012) edition of "The MMA Hour," Jackson, who is at the helm of one of the most powerful combat sports gyms in the world in Jackson-Winkeljohn Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) in Albuquerque, New Mexico, explained why he didn't even bother to order the UFC 154 pay-per-view (PPV) and why he won't even watch a replay down the road.

"It was just a little too personal for me. I love both of those guys and it is just business and they did what they had to do, but for me, it was kind of a personal thing and it's not something I enjoy. So, I hung out with the family and didn't participate. A few people were asking me and I said no, it wasn't like I was dying for play-by-play or anything like that. I got updates after it was done and everybody let me know it was good and everybody was okay and that was my main concern. Everybody was fine and it's time to move on, I guess."

When asked if he would watch the bout for future training purposes, Jackson had this to say:

"Nah, I don't think so. There might be (advantages in seeing the fight) but, I know Carlos so well, I know his style so well that I probably won't need to see the fight just because it's already in the noggin."

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Mexican Janitor site profile image

11/20/12 8:00 PM by Mexican Janitor

I wish I could vote everyone up in this thread. If he wishes not to watch the potential fight of the year then I hope both Condit and GSP never return to that snake reptile weasel looking mother fucker

cheesesteak site profile image

11/20/12 7:47 PM by cheesesteak

cheesesteak site profile image

11/20/12 7:43 PM by cheesesteak

WEASEL FACE

56sav site profile image

11/20/12 6:00 PM by 56sav

Anybody else get instantly annoyed when they see a picture of Jackson's face?

FreakDaddy site profile image

11/20/12 8:44 AM by FreakDaddy

I bet he watched that fight with a cold brew in one hand, his cack in the other, and $$$ in his head.......

SickEyeDiaz site profile image

11/20/12 7:54 AM by SickEyeDiaz

^^^ this

Soup and Beer site profile image

11/20/12 7:49 AM by Soup and Beer

I dont know about all the "snake" claims, but I've always thought he was the worst thing for MMA to come along since John McCain.  He hasn't really produced "champions."  He's produced point fighters that can game the loopholes in the rules to eek out judges decisions. It's not a situation of a fighter giving it everything he has but his opponent is good enough to nuetralize the attacks.  It's an ongoing approach he teaches to specifically not even try to finish a fight.  Always go for the judges decision.  If every coach took that approach, it would do a lot more harm than opponents trying to stop the sport because no one would give a shit about MMA anymore. A lot of Jackson defenders say it's a sport and if you wanted nothing but knockouts, go watch Toughman.  But the very reason MMA got popular is because it simulates a real fight a lot closer than boxing.  But the likes of trainers like Jackson are taking away this aspect of the sport.  When was the last time you saw a real fight where one guy was going for points and not trying to finish?

sitchpack site profile image

11/20/12 7:45 AM by sitchpack

Jackson was too busy at home counting his phat wads of cash.

BubblesNS site profile image

11/20/12 7:31 AM by BubblesNS

Hilarious

johnonguitar7 site profile image

11/20/12 5:50 AM by johnonguitar7

Greg makes my skin crawl. I don't think I would let him in my house. Really gives me the creeps the shit he talks.He's obviously a good coach and a good business man though