Duffee set to run to UFC at 155 in Vegas

by Case Keefer | source: lasvegassun.com/

Former heavyweight prospect Todd Duffee is returning to the UFC.

Duffee (7-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) will meet Phil De Fries (9-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) at UFC 155, this year’s version of the annual New Year’s Eve weekend card in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

UFC officials confirmed the booking Wednesday afternoon. Duffee’s reunion with the UFC is as unexpected as his release from the promotion in May 2010.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

tags: Todd Duffee (detail)  UFC 155

kickasspoolparty site profile image

11/23/12 11:56 AM by kickasspoolparty

I'll never discredit the man for stepping up and I did forget that he took that fight with zero time to prepare, so my hats off to him for that.

Ryann Von Doom site profile image

11/23/12 10:46 AM by Ryann Von Doom

On a week's notice man. Everyone said no but todd.

kickasspoolparty site profile image

11/23/12 10:25 AM by kickasspoolparty

Absolutely! I agree. Look at Reem! Perfect example of development with time. Todd could even surpass that with his raw talent and strength, maybe. I just don't think a couple big knock outs over mid level fighters makes his stock rise to astronomical levels. He needs to fight top tier guys. Reem was the best guy he's fought and we all know what happened there. I guess we'll see.

Gokudamus stole my name site profile image

11/23/12 10:18 AM by Gokudamus stole my name

He is only 26 dude. He has plenty of time to improve

Ryann Von Doom site profile image

11/23/12 10:11 AM by Ryann Von Doom

He ko'd grove in 31 seconds after being out over a year.

kickasspoolparty site profile image

11/23/12 5:05 AM by kickasspoolparty

I have a hard time putting stock into him after he got 'Reemed... He'll have some exciting fights, sure, but he has a looooooooong road ahead of him.

PermitMeFisticuffsBrother site profile image

11/23/12 4:59 AM by PermitMeFisticuffsBrother

Duffman via hammerfist would be quite fitting? but seriously - TODDDUFFEE via gorilla smash!

Authority Figure site profile image

11/22/12 12:38 PM by Authority Figure

Todd is back in this bitch. What up yo?! lol

buckshot44 site profile image

11/22/12 10:46 AM by buckshot44

Welcome back Todd.

Outlaw'd by Lytle site profile image

11/22/12 9:07 AM by Outlaw'd by Lytle

Good for Todd.Never could understand his release. If the the rumours about his attitude were true it must've been terrible!I only say that because BLAF puts up with shit from other fighters who publicly demonstrate a poor attitude.This makes me think the 'attitude' spin was BS.Todd's very talented and I hope he's in the UFC for a long time.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!