GSP-led UFC 154 estimated at 700,000 PPV buys

by Dave Meltzer | source: mmafighting.com

UFC 154, which featured the return of the company's top pay-per-view drawing card, Georges St. Pierre, did a number estimated at 680,000 to 700,000 buys, based on different sources.

The event, with St-Pierre unifying the company's welterweight titles with a five-round decision over interim champion Carlos Condit, took place on Nov. 17 at the Bell Centre in Montreal. The numbers were at the level of most predictions going in. They would rank with UFC 145, headlined by Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans on April 21, as the company's second biggest show of the year.

The company's biggest event of 2012 is believed to have been UFC 148, headlined by Anderson Silva's middleweight title defense over Chael Sonnen, that did an estimate of 925,000 buys, the company's best showing since 2010. The latter two matches were the result of strong rivalries between two of the company's biggest stars, whereas the Condit fight had no real grudge match aspect and Condit was not an established draw.

UFC does not release pay-per-view numbers and estimates come from a variety of industry sources.

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Silverball site profile image

11/30/12 12:43 PM by Silverball

Nice catch

flipmode site profile image

11/30/12 4:41 AM by flipmode

Gay...

HandyDarsh site profile image

11/29/12 9:54 PM by HandyDarsh

QFT

x Anchor x site profile image

11/29/12 9:50 PM by x Anchor x

Canada has the greatest MMA fighter of all time, get over it.When I say greatest I mean all encompassing. His greatness inside the octagon, his well roundedness that puts true mixed martial arts on display, his professionalism outside, his looks and marketability all add up and makes him the greatest mixed martial artist ever to live.For those of you who are illiterate and are going to take my wording out if context and create what you want of it, once again I reiterate that when I say greatest I don't specifically mean the GOAT in terms if skill only. I mean he's literally the greatest human being to grace the sport of MMA.

Diaz Shoes site profile image

11/29/12 9:35 PM by Diaz Shoes

Match him up with Diaz and see even bigger PPV numbers!

Sippy Cuppy site profile image

11/29/12 9:34 PM by Sippy Cuppy

Weak IMO

Uchi site profile image

11/29/12 9:32 PM by Uchi

Its called humility. You should try it sometime.

MattyECB site profile image

11/29/12 8:48 PM by MattyECB

Dude, stop having an inferiority complex about Book's superiority complex...You faygut

MattyECB site profile image

11/29/12 8:46 PM by MattyECB

Well we are a respectible 30 something million ppl XD And i guess I should add an addendum to my previous post. Quebecers, mainly non-montreal quebecers, really do get an extra special hard-on for GSP. So theres that. He's got the insanely supportive demographic of rural-quebec on his side above all other fighters

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA site profile image

11/29/12 8:46 PM by UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Says the repeated fighter basher who does nothing positive here. Funny. To boot, based on your name, I would bet I am at least a few years older than you. ;)   I'm not going anywhere kiddo. Get used to me.