Anderson Silva's camp: GSP doesn't want superfight

source: mmafighting

Dana White has guaranteed he'll make the superfight between UFC Welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and UFC Middleweight Anderson Silva. Silva has indicated enthusiasm.

However, GSP has a more nuanced stance.

"He weighs 234 pounds; I weigh 188," GSP said recently. "So there's a big weight difference. I've fought guys who were bigger -- I'm not scared of him -- it's just that I will take this fight when it makes sense for me. I just came back from an injury, there's money to be made, there are fights in my weight class, other challenges out there, and if I fight him, I will have to gain weight, while he will have to lose weight, and then afterwards, I won't be able to come back to my weight class."

Then the rumor floated that GSP wants $50,000,000, which would be bad math.

Ariel Helwani reported Tuesday on UFC Tonight that Silva's manager thinks the fight won't happen.

"GSP, said he wants this fight to happen on his terms," said Helwani. "He may not be ready for it just yet. But I spoke to Anderson Silva's manager last night, and he told me that he truly doesn't believe that GSP wants this fight next and therefore he doesn't believe this fight will happen."

What can Dana White do bring GSP around?

Read entire article...

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

suess site profile image

12/6/12 2:35 PM by suess

you're one of the biggest idiots i've ever seen on this forum.  bravo on that accomplishment.

KingOfFighters site profile image

12/6/12 2:27 PM by KingOfFighters

So he "prefers" one fighy over the other and all of a sudden its conpareable to gsp ducking anderson fot half a decade. Hes.being a.politician stringing.people a long with his.bull shit.uncommited answers ducking.anything he.can be held to. The man is a coward, he has the fight that would put him up there with ali leonard frazier, and the.man foregoes his destiny.lies abouy.andersons weight and ducks from the challenge in a political and cowardly way

Lazer MMA site profile image

12/6/12 7:56 AM by Lazer MMA

Stop calling GSP a corward, you are clearly the idiot. Did you read this quote below? AS is in the exact same boat as GSP as stated (a little worse as he already fought big LHW's before).AS: "I think [GSP] would be a great challenge for me. I prefer him over Jon Jones. He's smaller. It'll be a little bit easier. I'll be hit less."Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/174733.html#QrhIwduFSOfOk4Do.99 Um, see now that you clearly the idiot, the last time I know of AS said that he wanted 30 percent of the UFC for the fight. He said numerous times he "NEVER wanted to fight JBJ" as well, he did back out saying "combat can happen" after being criticized for not wanting the fight. All after JBJ said from the start in Gracie Mag. he wanted the fight only to have AS call him a 'friend' (LMFAO).HTF any AS fan talk ANY shit given all above above and give any excuse at all has to be tied to a limited mental capacity after understanding the above.It's GSP alone getting shit on in this forum. It needs to stop or AS should receive his due which I have not even stared to engage on really the real truth is much deeper.Neither fighter wants to fight the champ of the higher weight class PERIOD. It is what it is. Let it go

MysteriousNinjaFromMars site profile image

12/6/12 6:14 AM by MysteriousNinjaFromMars

I forgive you, lets be buddies

SinCityHustler site profile image

12/6/12 5:47 AM by SinCityHustler

GSP is light years ahead of Anderson in terms of cutting weight and having it down to a science.  GSP could be bigger/heavier than Anderson and still get to a lower weight.  He's that much better at it.

SinCityHustler site profile image

12/6/12 5:38 AM by SinCityHustler

He doesn't need any more size against Anderson, he needs length and that unfortunately there is no magic cure for.  Putting on more bulk to his short frame will hinder him, (as Firaz points out).

SinCityHustler site profile image

12/6/12 5:31 AM by SinCityHustler

How are you guys defining legend?   GSP is still fighting.  We just saw him compete agianst Condit.  He can't be a legend until we're all gone and stories of him are told and handed down.   Do you mean great, perhaps and use legend interchangeably with great in error?

Enemies site profile image

12/6/12 4:27 AM by Enemies

GSP's Camp: Anderson Silva doesn't want a fair fight.

KingOfFighters site profile image

12/5/12 10:36 PM by KingOfFighters

He.wants none? Loool anderson would.destroy him. He was asked once and was respectful with hid.answet, wants the gsp fight.first. If jbj started talking shit.a.k.a. Dana showed.him.the money anderson wouldnt back.down hes brazillian not french.If u think anderson is scared your aj idiot, hes.always stated 205 belongs to lyoto, and only took those.lhw fights as a favor to dana.

Glovegate site profile image

12/5/12 9:25 PM by Glovegate

Better question: Why should I care what any of you say when you all just pick and choose which quotes you believe based on what fits your narrative. I'm starting to think I'll actually be happier when Anderson is retired.  This is what you guys have done to us.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!