Werdum: Overeem on the 'special juice' all the time

source: cagedinsider.com

"Bigfoot Silva is my friend. I want him to win. I think Bigfoot puts Overeem on the ground. Overeem has good stand up. I think [Alistair] is scared when he gets to the ground. 100 percent I think Bigfoot wins the fight."

"For sure, the time in 2006, when I fought with him. For sure he was on the juice again. The special juice. All the time he's on the special juice. I don't know. In Japan it's not like here in the U.S.A. There's a lot of control, I like that, but in 2006 in Japan, in Pride there was control, but not 100 percent. They had tests but don't find the drugs."

transcription by MMAMania.com...

No Mas Pride Beanie

No Mas Pride Beanie

Hayabusa Mirai Series Shin Guards

Hayabusa Mirai Series Shin Guards

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee site profile image

12/15/12 3:41 AM by AresSmashedPrahjuhdee

special juice, chicken heart, too much cock!

Ryan Black site profile image

12/15/12 3:38 AM by Ryan Black

I am gonna say that I understand and can see the ego behind Werdum's statement. I mean, in his fight with Overeem, he basically flopped onto his back repeatedly- like a pro-wrestler practicing back bumps- and quite literally begged Alistair to jump into his guard, to avoid his striking. The same striking that took Brock down decisively. I can see that the guy obviously doesn't like Overeem. That's likely the motivating factor behind these statements. Is The Reem on "The Juice?" I dunno. Am I a fan of his? Not really, never have been too crazy about him; but I know he has a Diaz/Fedor-like legion of dedicated fans. I will say, I respect his high level striking and his accomplishments; 'juice' or no "special juice."

Toquinho site profile image

12/15/12 1:33 AM by Toquinho

Special juice = horse blood

iamarealamerican site profile image

12/7/12 2:39 PM by iamarealamerican

do you guys think cyborg santos has been sending all the extra horse milk in her eye to the reem?

ranier wolfcastle site profile image

12/7/12 2:09 PM by ranier wolfcastle

again, pros say 85% of top fighters are on roids

bigdee1983420 site profile image

12/7/12 10:56 AM by bigdee1983420

Just because his T to E ratio was elevated(which he explained clearly why it was)doesn't mean that hes been abusing Steroids for a long time. People need to get there facts straight,he never tested positive for a named steroid on the banned list. Steroids don't give you great technique,you either have it or you don't.

Piyo site profile image

12/7/12 12:43 AM by Piyo

Yeah, he knows some striking. However, in addition to that, he's added a huge amount of strength, power, size, and relative speed through the use of chemicals. His *almost* got caught with this masking game, but people just want to the see the fight too badly.

bigdee1983420 site profile image

12/6/12 3:08 PM by bigdee1983420

The last time Overeem was KO'd was by Sergei,he hasn't been KO'd since. He stood toe to toe,and beat the top best K-1 strikers had to offer. Guys like Badr Hari,Tyrone Spong,Peter Aerts,Gohkan Saki,and the list goes on. If you can stand toe to toe,and beat those guys w/out getting knocked out cold. Thats a statement in itself. You don't understand,and appreciate striking skill,if you really believe what your saying. Go watch the masterful destruction of Todd Duffee w/punch/knee combinations. The timing on the overhand right he caught Ben Edwards w/in K-1. Overeem can kill w/one shot,or by combination. You mention Brock Lesnar,notice the power on that LIVER kick he landed to the body. I'm sorry dude I don't know what you consider high level striking,but Overeeem is at the top my friend. Please go educate yourself before you post here. There's all kinds of footage showcasing his striking abilities,especially in the K-1.

binga site profile image

12/6/12 7:29 AM by binga

That my friend is a great first post!

stonepony site profile image

12/6/12 6:24 AM by stonepony

You are extremely gullible.And you're right. Steroids aren't enough. That's why he's been knocked out by every credible striker he has faced. That's why he has never been able to do anything against top competition, except knee Mirko in the balls, and flop on fighters until they're exhausted from being pinned down by his roid-weight.Or, are there some fights of his that I haven't seen? Where has Overoids ever been impressive in MMA? He beat the tire-salesmen in Strike Force? That's it? Lesnar, the guy with no striking experience? That's it?