Tate: UFC 'putting too many eggs' in Rousey basket

source: mmamania.com

"Takedown" reiterated the false claims of turning down the fight during her recent appearance on "The MMA Hour:"

"Absolutely not. I was never presented with that. I had made it clear that I wanted to take some time off after my last win over Julie Kedzie, but that doesn't mean you don't make an exception to the rule when something like that is presented. Clearly when I made those statements, that was before women were coming to the UFC for sure. That was before it be would an opportunity to headline. That was before it would an opportunity to make history. If they would have said, ‘Hey, you want to fight Ronda in the UFC? You want to headline a UFC card for the first fight in history for women?' I would have been like, hell yeah. But it wasn't offered to me."

According to Tate, the UFC isn't doing the smartest thing by "putting too many eggs in one basket," just in case Carmouche pulls off the upset. On top of that, Tate also feels she deserves some credit for putting Rousey on the map:

"I think they're putting a little too many eggs in one basket. I mean, What happens if (Rousey) goes out there and she does lose to Liz for some reason? Then it's kind of like, all of this that they've put into it is all nothing. I feel like it's not maybe the smartest thing to just base everything solely off of Ronda, when clearly there's more talent and I'm also right here, too. I really feel like I was a big part of making history. If I'd just tapped out when Ronda got me in the armbar, it wouldn't have been such an explosive thing. I feel like the reason she's up for submission of the year is because of my stubbornness."

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

Ludelow site profile image

12/12/12 3:36 PM by Ludelow

she would own everyone!http://youtu.be/4eplLem4jPs

Utah get me two site profile image

12/12/12 2:11 PM by Utah get me two

Lucia Rijker brutally knocked out by Somchai Jaidee, a journyman fighter with a weight disadvantage to his female oponnent. He literally walked through her strikes.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5klgf_rare-muy-thai-fight-man-vs-woman_sport#.UMjVF6yseo0

Cung knocked my ace out site profile image

12/12/12 1:51 PM by Cung knocked my ace out

Goodbye bitch

Ludelow site profile image

12/12/12 1:38 PM by Ludelow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucia_Rijkerhits harder than a guy!

Size site profile image

12/12/12 1:21 PM by Size

I thought the first sentence was gonna end with "Ronda".

Doc T site profile image

12/12/12 10:21 AM by Doc T

I'll come cuddle you, meisha !

Steve4192 site profile image

12/12/12 10:16 AM by Steve4192

One-hitter quitters are incredibly rare in women's MMA.  They just don't have the punching power to pull it off.  Even Cyborg, the most feared female striker in the sport, has never had a one-hitter.  She beats people up by swarming them with punches in bunches.

mghan44 site profile image

12/12/12 5:29 AM by mghan44

While Tate does sound bitter with all her talk, does anyone really deny the huge gamble the UFC is taking with Rousey? I am all for the womens division but the UFC has NOT promoted the division, they have promoted Ronda. If Carmouche beats Ronda, what will they do?Dana even said in an interview that they are going still have Ronda against Cyborg for the title after this first fight. He didn't even acknowledge the possibility of Carmouche winning.

TheMastro site profile image

12/12/12 4:35 AM by TheMastro

Meh, I still like Tate and Rousey.I would watch them fight weekly, no problem.

BJ_Penmanship site profile image

12/12/12 3:58 AM by BJ_Penmanship

"clearly there's more talent and I'm also right here, too. I really feel like I was a big part of making history. If I'd just tapped out when Ronda got me in the armbar, it wouldn't have been such an explosive thing. I feel like the reason she's up for submission of the year is because of my stubbornness."... Diaz..? That you Nick??

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!