Penn undecided on retirement

source: mmamania.com

With only one victory in his past six fights and at the ripe age of 34, Penn's next move is unknown. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White said he would like to see Penn retire, stating the Hawaiian has nothing left to prove after an illustrious career that has spanned 11 years and 22 fights inside the Octagon.

Although White would like to see one of the sport's most recognizable names hang up his gloves, he's leaving the final decision up to the future UFC Hall-of-Famer, who says he has yet to make a decision regarding what's in story for his future as a mixed martial arts (MMA) competitor.

"I am taking some time to figure it out," Penn told AXS TV's "Inside MMA" news program on Monday.

RVCA Game Time Jacket - BJ Penn

RVCA Game Time Jacket - BJ Penn

RVCA BJ Penn Photo Shirt

RVCA BJ Penn Photo Shirt

tags: BJ Penn (detail)

HandyDarsh site profile image

12/19/12 5:01 AM by HandyDarsh

Bj vs guida/Maynard

ausgepicht site profile image

12/19/12 12:13 AM by ausgepicht

Man I hope he doesn't retire.

Mertvaya Ruka site profile image

12/19/12 12:06 AM by Mertvaya Ruka

After his fight with Penn, GSP mentioned he spoke to a doctor who explained BJ's freak flexibility was an actual medical condition and made his lower body weaker.You saw GSP drive his elbows in Penn's stomach when on the ground? I never seen anyone else do that.

Silverball site profile image

12/18/12 9:44 PM by Silverball

I know the body shot theory has been referenced a lot on here both prior to his fight with Rory, and immediately after, for obvious reasons. As a boxing fan, I've noticed that boxers absorb more body shots later in their careers, when they start to slow down. This may (or may not) be the case with BJ.

swedsteve site profile image

12/18/12 9:41 PM by swedsteve

I respect your opinion, but have my own, a rematch with a hungry sanchez at 55 with a farwell to bj at 55?? I dont see the problem

Bucephalus site profile image

12/18/12 9:35 PM by Bucephalus

Penn vs. Sanchez makes absolutely no sense.

swedsteve site profile image

12/18/12 9:33 PM by swedsteve

I will openly admit that i hug the nuts of Bj Penn, and saying that, i think he should either retire, or a rematch with Sanchez cause A) Bj's "domination weight" 155 B) Sanchez is dropping down to 55 again and if he wins against Gomi then id like Penn and Sanchez

Bucephalus site profile image

12/18/12 9:28 PM by Bucephalus

"There's some kid right now... in the future, when I'm Renzo's age [mid thirties]... boom! I'm gonna run into him. It's gonna happen, it's part of life". - BJ Penn

Motivated Penn site profile image

12/18/12 9:15 PM by Motivated Penn

Surely you mean his brother David.

Mertvaya Ruka site profile image

12/18/12 9:07 PM by Mertvaya Ruka

actually, it is his flexibility/body type that fucked him. He's weak when it comes to body shots. In all his latest fights, his opponent exploited that.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!