White on gay fighter: I love what [Carmouche] did

source: mmafighting.com

"I love what she did. I know I have the big ‘homophobe' persona and people think I'm some homophobe. I'm the furthest thing from it. i think its ridiculous its 2013 and the government tells two people they can't marry each other. Who is the government to tell two people who say they love each other they can't be married? It's ridiculous."

On Carmouche, who served as a Marine Corps sergeant before going into mixed martial arts and making her personal life public knowledge, White said "I applaud that she came out and that she's the first one. Good for her. I hope more do. It doesn't bother me one bit. Shouldn't bother anyone else either."

As for Rousey, who has made a reputation in part by trash-talking her opponents, she's taken a different approach to Carmouche.

"I like Liz," she said. "She's a Marine, I'm not going to be able to intimidate this girl. The prefight intimidation stuff won't work, I won't have that advantage I usually have over my competition. Because it's a first-time event, because the first time for women to fight on card, and she's the first openly gay fighter, it doesn't need to be any squabbling or argument. It's an extraordinarily positive thing, we don't need an argument to push it. It's a positive event and I don't mind there being no arguments. It sells itself. It's history."

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

Glovegate site profile image

12/23/12 3:44 AM by Glovegate

Well I guess technically if you're not getting paid then you're not their employee.  Problem is, if they started paying you tomorrow it wouldn't make any difference with respect to your behaviour. There is nothing Dana does that you won't defend or downplay in some way. Just please.  Stop. And for the love of god, stop signing your posts.  We can see your name. It's not necessary, it's not cute, it's not cool, it's just annoying.

CindyO site profile image

12/23/12 3:21 AM by CindyO

What do you think he meant btw when he called Loretta Hunt a "faggot"? Odd for a guy to use that as an insult to a girl, isnt it?   It would be a crazy insult to make to a female... but he didn't call Loretta one:)   Cindy

HELWIG site profile image

12/22/12 9:59 PM by HELWIG

"No he shouldn't, at least not outside of his circle of friends where folks can try to turn it into something he didn't mean... like GLAAD did. It's inappropriate, IMO." If someone as successful as Dana isnt free to speak his mind and not have to look over his shoulder for the thought police, that doesnt bode well for the rest of us. What do you think he meant btw when he called Loretta Hunt a "faggot"? Odd for a guy to use that as an insult to a girl, isnt it? Surely if Carmouche is brave and courageous, Hunt must also be so as one of the only female journalists to seriously cover MMA early on and not be an attention whore trying to get exposure for herself.

StretchPlum site profile image

12/21/12 10:19 PM by StretchPlum

You get props for saying what your sexual preference is? What a fucked up world if trivial shit like that is a big accomplishment.

mikerobmma site profile image

12/21/12 7:01 PM by mikerobmma

You're the worst. Stop manually signing your posts, everyone can see your name in your SN.

SamboMMA site profile image

12/21/12 4:50 PM by SamboMMA

Maybe you're the retarded one here. He constantly said the word faggot. Regardless of intent GLAAD still bitchslapped him. Now go back to being the bitch of a bitch.

CindyO site profile image

12/21/12 4:49 PM by CindyO

No he shouldn't, at least not outside of his circle of friends where folks can try to turn it into something he didn't mean... like GLAAD did. It's inappropriate, IMO.   Cindy

CindyO site profile image

12/21/12 4:46 PM by CindyO

Let me type slower this time and see if your retarded ass can get it the 2nd time around. His use of the F word had nothing to do with anyone's sexuality- he was essentially calling the cowards too chicken to own their comments bitches. He didn't insinuate they were gay, idiot.  But you already knew that, as your reply indicates therefore why are you trying to dispute a point you already agreed with??? So... I said: "Oh STFU, dummy. As if you really believe DWs use of the F word had anything to do with sexuality!" Then you said: "Dana called anybody that didn't agree with him a faggot." See? He didn't mean they were gay... like I said:) But you knew that, regardless of what GLAAD tried to turn it in to.   Cindy

CindyO site profile image

12/21/12 4:37 PM by CindyO

Another dummy. I don't work for DW/Zuffa/UFC.   Cindy

yusul site profile image

12/21/12 12:12 PM by yusul

in a way, i find it weird that lesbians would want to fight in mma or boxing, although something like golf, tennis, vball make more sense. can any straight guy say he enjoys the chance to challenge himself by hurting/damaging/uglifying someone who sexually attracts him?

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!