Rousey was determined to win over White

source: ocregister.com

Before Rousey, a 2008 Olympic bronze medalist in Judo, ever stepped into the cage as a professional fighter, she made it her mission to convert UFC president Dana White into a women’s MMA fan.

“It was a goal of mine from the very beginning actually,” Rousey said. “I just refused to be ignored pretty much. I said to myself, ‘What would work?’ I just thought, ‘I’m going to make myself so impossible to ignore and make myself into something that they didn’t even know that they needed.’

“Before I became a pro I was saying that, so when I was training for my pro debut at King of the Cage is when I first said it on camera. I said, ‘This guy is going to love me and there’s nothing he can do about it.’ I was so sure. You know, I never doubted it.”

Rousey, who will be part of the first women’s fight in UFC history when she faces Liz Carmouche in the main event of UFC 157 on Feb. 23 at Honda Center, has been winning over fans every time she fights. She is 6-0 with six victories via armbar submission. Only one fighter has made it out of the first minute with her.

“Gaining the respect of men who didn’t think women belong in a gym is something that I’ve become very good at over the years,” Rousey said. “He (White) wasn’t the first person to doubt me before he met me. I’m used to changing people’s minds. If you are a woman and you are training, every single time you go into a new environment you have to prove yourself all over again.

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

tags: Ronda Rousey (detail)  Dana White

California site profile image

12/20/12 9:21 PM by California

^ LOL!!

LilBrockonmychest site profile image

12/20/12 7:42 PM by LilBrockonmychest

She was determined to win him over and said to herself "what would work"?               And she went with blowjobs

YouCantHandleMyRiddum site profile image

12/20/12 7:15 PM by YouCantHandleMyRiddum

Every reply he's made to Ronda Rousey threads has either been negative or sarcastic.

judom site profile image

12/20/12 6:56 PM by judom

The UFC is fast approaching WWE and I have started losing interest over the last few years. There is simply too much marketing and too much Sonnen-isms and not enough substance.Rousey is yet another CP clone. Just not very interesting. As far as RR's and her mom's medals:- RR's mom won a world medal in a super shallow division in Judo. She is also not a professor at USC as it says in the article.- The depth in women's divisions in Judo vs. men is really a joke. Its not even in the same universe when it comes to difficulty.- I don't understand the comment "proving stuff to men"...I find it pretty funny because nobody cares if she trains or not. So I have no idea what is there to prove. Its pretty sad that fighters like Fedor, Nog, Hendo, Cro-Cop are either retired or are fading now and what is left is lots of marketing.The UFC in the last 1-2 years is quickly going the WWE way...after all..that is natural. Remember that WWE came from catch wrestling long time ago which was initially a real competition. I think once you go down that route...you can guess the next step in terms of "legit" competition :)

CindyO site profile image

12/20/12 6:25 PM by CindyO

Is he? Why?   Cindy

CindyO site profile image

12/20/12 6:24 PM by CindyO

Had to vote up both of you brilliant men. I think its funny how far under peoples skin this girl has gotten=)   Cindy

pwdrblu site profile image

12/20/12 6:17 PM by pwdrblu

Not braggin, but I was pretty sure of this plan all along. ... (sniff,sniff)

California site profile image

12/20/12 5:56 PM by California

WTF?A woman who smiles and kisses her superior's ass in the workplace or classroom?You know, I've never seen something like that before....

BRZ site profile image

12/20/12 2:58 PM by BRZ

Well he is Cyborg's biggest fan so...

John Nic site profile image

12/20/12 2:12 PM by John Nic

UNTIL SHE FIGJTS A MAN I AIN'T INTERESTED!!